Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baby on Board!

When I used to see those signs on people's cars I would just roll my eyes. This E Card sums it up...

I saw this months ago and laughed. Sooo true. (see, there really is an E card for everything!)
 
Now...I know what they are for.
 
They are an explanation to the driver behind you why you are driving like an asshole in the snow or pouring rain..or just in general.
 
I took my burrito to the doctor today. His breathing was horrible sounding last night so we slept in the chair together all night next to the humidifier. He was so fussy laying on my chest, not normal for him. So of course I worried.
 
I knew I'd take him in today, I even set my alarm for 8am so I could call in, but all I could think was..great. It is going to be a horrible day tomorrow and I have to drive my 2 week old child. Considering I have managed to make it all winter without driving in snow..until today, I was a little nervous.
 
Yup. The roads are shit. If you have to go somewhere...give yourself a LOT of extra time.
 
Anyways, I had to take the long way out of our subdivision because last winter I took the hill and ended up in the retaining pond. NOT something I wanted to try today. I was stressed out enough. Getting to dr appointments on time...ya beyond stressful.
 
I probably drove 40 mph? Maybe that is pushing it. Of course I got stuck behind a Ford Focus on PD that was stuck on the smallest hill on PD. Really?? I had to wait forever to get around them because of the traffic coming the other way and all I could think, "Please don't let me get stuck! I have a baby and a dr appointment..." Thankfully my new all wheel drive car rocks and I made it around him.
 
The way back? Oh Lord. 2 people in the ditch. The second guy, I don't know if he had anyone coming for him, and I would have stopped because there was no one on the roads, but once again...baby on board. This mama was focused on getting home safely. Sorry buddy. But ya, seeing 2 cars off roading it makes you grip your steering wheel a little tighter, stare at the road a little harder, and worry a lot more.
 
So to sum it up...I get the signs. At least if you live in WI. If you live somewhere where it doesn't snow..then its just stupid. ;)
 
Parker is ok by the way. He just has a super stuffy nose, so his doctor flushed him out and showed me how to do it. The humidifier is going to be on all day.
 
Pinterest Find:

No comments:

Post a Comment