Thursday, January 17, 2013

The First Night...

We made it through!!!!!

Parker made it....and Thane and I didn't cry. (well I did, but not because of Parker.)

We were beyond ready to come home. 4 nights in the hospital will do that to ya.

Come my bed time I headed to bed...excited to sleep in it after sleeping in a hospital bed, which in all honesty was better than I thought it would be. After I broke down crying from frustration at the extra 4 blankets on the bed that were super heavy, I crawled carefully into bed....and kept crying every time I moved.

I was in SO much pain from my c-section trying to move around to get comfy...finally I couldn't handle it. Couch time for me. :/

So Thane and Parker slept in our room, and Bernie and I bunked it on the couch so I could sleep sitting up.

So far so good!!!

Until I woke up at like 11:30 to Parker screaming in his bedroom.

First off, I was super confused. How the hell did he get in his room? I mean..I know my baby is already advanced for his age, what with his ability to grip my finger so tight I can't get away, and how he is already grabbing Thane's beard, AND he already plays "Got your nose" with me...;) but there is no way he is advanced enough to get out of his bassinet and get to his room.

I finally got up, slowly and painfully, and waddled to his room.

Thane is on the floor with him, slightly resembling a zombie. He just shook his head and told me he couldn't get him to stop crying. Apparently, it had been going on for a while before I woke up...but the love of my life felt bad that I felt like shit, so he didn't want to wake me. :)

Wanting to relieve him, I told him to give me Parker and relax for a bit. As he was scooping him up to hand him off, he looked at me- dead serious- and said, "Careful...he can smell fear."

At the time it totally broke my heart. Thane had tried so hard to not wake me up and take care of our screaming baby to no avail. What a great guy. But now...it makes me laugh my ass off. I love that man.

So anyways, we had no idea what to do. He had just eaten at 9, and everyone had said he only needs to eat every 3 hours. His diaper was clean. What else does he need?!

So I sat in the recliner with him, but as soon as I sat in the leather chair cold literally shot through my body. I figured that it was just the cold chair....but I started to shake uncontrollably and my teeth began to chatter. I told Thane to get me a blanket asap..but I couldn't talk right, so he didn't understand the jumbled words coming out of my mouth. I finally passed Parker back and booked it to the bedroom to crawl in bed. Something that is NOT easy when you are shaking so hard your body won't move.

Thankfully our heating pad was still on high and there were now 4 blankets on our bed, so it was warm in there. So I sat in bed for about 5 minutes, shaking so hard I couldn't talk and crying for some reason.

You think I'd be scared? No...I was more worried about Thane having to deal with the stress of Parker screaming and watching his wife go through whatever the hell was wrong with me. It was not a pretty sight, and I'm sure it was really scary. :/

After I stopped shaking, I took Parker back so Thane could go do something and I just held him against me. Still screaming. He did one of those baby head moves that you aren't ready for and all of a sudden he found my boob.....and it was all over.

I was in shock. This may be TMI because you don't want to hear about my boobs. But he has had problems with latching because he is so young. So the fact that he found my boob and instantly latched on..amazed me. He ate....and life was good again.

Last night he woke up again at 11, about to have the same fit. But this time!!! I figured it out. He was hungry. Screw the schedule...even though he had just eaten like 2 hours ago..this kid was hungry. SO Thane quickly made up his bottles and boom....melt down averted.

I was pretty dang proud of myself. :)

A friend had asked if I was going to blog about Parker's birth story..and I said no. I don't want to share the gross details with you guys. But now that it has happened..and it really wasn't that gross...I guess I will. ;) Stay tuned.

Pinterest Find:


So true. I look at Parker and I can't believe how much I love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment