Sunday, January 20, 2013

Here He Comes! Ready or Not! Part 3

So what I have forgotten to mention is that apparently its super rare for your water to break. I actually go to see my doctor on the last day we were there and I asked her about it. 

Ya, 3% of women's water actually breaks unexpectedly. Thank god mine did.and Thank god I knew he was breech. This whole story could have been a lot different if I hadn't just started my weekly appointments.

We get into the triage room and the first thing the nurse did was grab an ultrasound machine, to see if he had turned yet. Nope. Not at all. Of course not, he's my son. Stubborn.

I also forgot to mention that he was Franklin Breech. Ya. His legs were up by his head..like this:


Soooo ya. There was no way I wasn't having a C-Section. Even if they had offered to try and turn him...I would have said, "Keep your hands to yourself...they are NOT pushing on him and/or going in my va-ja-ja." Thanks but no.

I was hooked up to an IV. I HATE needles. HATE them. I couldn't watch...and of course the first didn't take, so she had to do my other arm. THEN they had to draw a LOT of blood. a lot. Queeesey.

They hooked up the heart rate monitor and told me I was for sure having a C-Section. Someone was literally pushing her child out as we were speaking, and there were other women waiting to be sliced open as well. Since I wasn't having contractions, and he wasn't in distress, I was not a main priority. Which was fine with me! All I asked is that they give me a heads up when they know the time frame bc otherwise I would freak out if they sprung it on me.

They left us alone then, and I texted a few of his aunties saying, "Um...I'm having my kid today." or something to that effect. Apparently they all thought I was messing with them, until they realized what time of day it was..silly girls, I wouldn't mess with you like that. Besides, I had started to panic...no time for jokes.

They came in and told me I'd be having Parker in 3o minutes. Which in reality was like 15. They came back in, had Thane grab our stuff and we walked to the OR.

Yes. I had to WALK. Without underwear. Still had enough sense/modesty to worry that I was going to leak pregnancy goo everywhere. I had to walk..that was the worst part.

We got back to the recovery room, and that is where I had to leave Thane. That was horrible. I was so scared...I really needed him with me. But I understand why he couldn't come.

One plus...at this point it was 7 am and it was shift change. Bad- I got an old nurse who I don't feel was totally away yet. Good- I got a new drug guy.,,and I liked him WAY better than the one who had talked to me in the triage room. The new guy didn't have chest hair curling out of his scrubs and didn't crack stupid jokes and then laugh at them. It's like he was posting "funny" status updates and then liking it himself.

Soo we walk back to the OR and my new 80 yr old nurse leads me over to a station so she can scrub up and get a mask. It took her 3 minutes to pick a mask. Then the anesthesiologist came over and was like, "Ok! This room? and started to open the doors to OR 2." The nurse was like, "oh..I don't know. I don't think so?"

Ya...I may have panicked a little bit? Looking back, they had literally just been thrown onto my surgery..so I'm guessing that little tidbit was overlooked by other important info, but still.

We walked into OR 1 and I freaked out. I have never had surgery before. Ever. The room looked like an alien probing room on the X-Files. I really wanted Thane.

They had me get up on the bed, and the anesthesiologist began his deal, and I began to sob.

I was so scared. I know I sound like a total baby...but I was so nervous. The nurses though, my god they were great. I literally began crying and they came out of the woodwork to talk to me. I think we talked about my job, which since it's with kids everyone had a lot to say. They asked me about the baby. They totally got me through it. I will forever be grateful for that. They were so sweet.

Sooo I stop crying for a bit, my body is going numb, they have to lay me down. Oiy. All I can think is, man..I weighed a lot before he started growing, and now I weigh 31 more pounds....I hope they don't drop me. Of course they didn't, but it wasn't fun.

So now I'm laying down, and they start doing things. Most importantly...they put up the big blue curtain so I can't see. Thank god. Of course, tears start again. But this time the anesthesiologist stepped up. He explained his job, but then kept talking to me about the most random things about my life...totally distracting. Once again...thank you Mr. anesthesiologist. You were my favorite person in that room. For so many reasons.

So anyways, things are moving along. They are about ready to start. Thane still isn't in the room. I'm pretty sure they forgot about him.

Oiy.....soooooooooooooo long!!!

Stay tuned for Part FOUR! 

Pinterest Find:


No comments:

Post a Comment