Friday, January 25, 2013

A Gift from the Baby Gods...

is a pacifier.

My god.....what an amazing invention.

Thane and I decided last night to stick to bottle feeding, since the alternative is not going well at all. :/ My goodness, talk about mommy guilt of the year.

I know that many babies are raised on formula, and they are fine, but still. It's so hard to accept that it's not working...and it makes me feel horrible.

So anyways, Parker was having an intense meltdown this morning that started at 2am. My mom has been staying here, so she had him for an hour and a half before I even heard him. I woke up at 3:30 and got up to see if mom wanted help.

She said he had been crying for a while, had eaten a ton, and she was just about to wake me up. So I tried to breast feed him. Which totally tore at me...how in god's name would I make him stop fussing if I stop feeding him like that.

I looked at my mom, and asked her that question. She said...you can try a pacifier?

I thought about it for a minute, and since Thane and I had just decided we were going to bottle feed not 5 hours earlier...I got up and got his pacifier.

I had my mom clean it off quick, and popped it in his mouth......silence.

Holy crap. I'm buying more. I don't want to ever not have one.

Sidenote: I looove how my mom made me think that it was my idea to use the pacifier. I felt all proud of myself as he was sucking away super happy...and then it hit me. My mom totally suggested, but let me make the decision and had me thinking it was my idea. Smart move mom...smart move. :)

My mom has been here since Wednesday, and I have gotten 2 full nights of sleep. I feel human again.

Thank you mom!!!!!!!

Today Parker is officially 2 weeks old!! (or would be 37 weeks if I still had a bump.)

I'm so glad he's here.

Pinteret Find:




No comments:

Post a Comment