Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Camden Part 2- The Scares

It's my goal to only have one "ohmygod the baby is coming" mistakes each pregnancy and we had one this time too.

I honestly don't even know what week we were...34 maybe?...when I started to feel a lot of pressure. I didn't think it was contractions, but it pretty much had me laying down all day on Friday and it sure as hell made me pack my bag. Saturday I had a LuLaRoe event and I was fine, but Sunday the pressure was back and had me laid out again with a slight panic.

I talked to Thane about it..called my mom crying about it...and everyone's response, if you're worried just call! I don't know about anyone else, but I always feel dumb calling. I know I'm being paranoid, but on day 3 of pressure and worrying I'm missing something..I gave in.

I called and because of my "pre-term" labor history they wanted me to come into Triage. I got hooked up to the baby heart rate monitor and they warned me that anything between 120 and 160 is fine. We will see spikes but as long as they come down or go back we are fine and that is actually what they want to see.

So when I say I felt pressure...it literally felt like he was right at the edge, kicking his feet to get out. It was a crazy feeling and I knew it wasn't normal. Every time I would feel it in Triage, his heart rate would spike to like 170. Luckily, while there it happened a lot so they could see what I was talking about. Nothing is more frustrating than calling your  mom to come up on a Sunday afternoon and heading in and then the symptoms don't happen. I was glad they were happening  more while we were there..and that I actually had decided to go in. If that had happened while at home I would have been in a straight up panic. They were happening often. Apparently every time he moved it felt like he was coming.

His heart rate also dropped below the 120 mark to like 110. It always came back up pretty quickly but cripes talk about stressful.

They checked to see if I was dilated and I wasn't and ran some other tests. Turns out it was just a pregnancy related UTI and antibiotics would cure it. I made sure there was no Sufla in them because lord knows we didn't 'need a repeat of Jensen. I got my antibiotics and we were on our way home.

Another scare came at my weekly appointment after we had been at the pumpkin patch. My nurse was taking all my vitals etc and when she got to the "have you been feeling the baby move" I hesitated. I thought about our day and I hadn't felt him move much at all. Granted we were walking like all morning so he was probably sleeping..but by now you get it. I'm nervous. She stopped typing and looked at me...and I said, "Well, not so much today but..." She asked me if I was concerned about it and when I hesitated before answering she said, "Too late! Let's go to the monitor." Another reason I love Madison Women's Health. They listen to you...don't rush you...and they honestly care.

She hooked me up to the monitor and his heart rate was very very low. Well, ok no. It was low to me. He was usually like 140s but that day he was like 125. Nurse not super concerned but for me..that wasn't his norm.

I had to be on the monitor for 20 minutes before they could access the situation. The doctor came in, because I had to meet with her anyway that day. She looked at the results and said, "Hmm, ok. Let's stay on a bit longer." My nurse nodded and said, "Ok! Let's get you some juice! and feel free to chug it." Neeever a good sign when they give you juice and tell you to chug.

His heart rate dropped to about 110 or lower a few times.

I cried.

I talked to my nurse about her twins and their NICU experience. Which little did I know we would soon be having one of those experiences as well.

After the juice she came back and frowned. "Let's turn you on your side." Ugggggggh. Crap.

So we adjusted the straps and my body and she stayed with me to watch.

He *finally* started to move more.

She and the doctor were surprised. "Usually that doesn't work! Apparently your baby is very particular."

This kid was already way more stressful than both the boys had been. I was hoping that meant that once he arrived he would be the easiest of the three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment