Saturday, January 19, 2013

Here He Comes! Ready or Not! Part II

Here we go...

I had Thane throw everything into the car and we were off...into the foggy ass morning.

Thankfully it was like 36* out, because the roads were just covered in water, and I hear that it got colder for the morning commute...and froze. That would have been a whole new basket of stressful.

We were driving in what seemed like slow motion, even though Thane was going 60...not the speed limit but it was pea soup out there people. I just sat in my seat with tears rolling down my face.

He was coming too early.

I wasn't ready.

He was breech....which means one thing- a c-section. The one thing I didn't want.

Thane and I were both surprisingly REALLY calm though.

I always think of The Father of the Bride 2 when the girls go into false labor and Steve Martin tweaks out. Ya...we were nothing like that. Even through my tears, Thane and I had a conversation..about what? Noo clue. Joked around a bit....talked about the Mayhem commercial where he is giving birth. That commercial cracks me up.

I suddenly realize that I could be leaking pregnancy goo all over my new car..so I pulled off my coat to sit on it. That would be so hard and gross to get out of the seats...and then no one would ever want to sit shot gun again. Eww.

I was also more worried about work, than what was about to happen to me. I called Grace to tell her that she needed to go into work at 7am. I didn't want them to be short handed in the morning and she had to do art class on her own that day. I hate calling into work, which I have blogged about before, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing other people over. And this darn peacock project HAD to get done! Thane told me to wait til 5am, but considering it was 4:56..I decided she didn't need that extra 4 minutes of sleep.

The conversation when like this..after almost all the rings- G-"Ugg......heello?" Me:"Grace, you need to go to work at 7 today." G-"Ok." Me: "No, wake up and set your alarm. You need to be to work by 7." G-"Ya....ok." This part of the conversation went on about 4 more times. and then I said thanks and hung up...turned to Thane and laughed, "yaaa....she isn't going to be there by 7." BUT! To her  credit..apparently she made it on time. :) Thanks Grace!!

3 minutes later, I get a text. "WAIT!! Are you having you baby?!?!!?" Oh boy Grace...you're a quick one at 5am ;)

Then I got all weepy, and turned to Thane, "Can I call my mom?" Which I'm sure did NOT sound like that at all because as I said it I started to cry even harder. So it was probably more, "CanIfdjafdlalkcallmymfdlajfdamom?" Of course he said "yes" so I grabbed my phone.

She answered after one ring. Literally one. She must have been sitting right by the phone. I didn't want to call her in case I wasn't really in labor, becuase at this point I'm pretty sure I was in denial? But the need to talk to my mommy won out..so I'm thankful she she answered.

After a quick pep talk from Grandma Jan, we hung up and I felt a little better?

We get to the hospital and I am so hot I just left my coat in the car. No coat. Tank top. Flip flops. Typical WI girl right?

This is gross:

It is beyond a horrible feeling to have to walk after sitting for 25 minutes when your water has broken. I felt like I was peeing myself every step I took and I still had the sense to worry about if it was leaking down my leg in an embarrassing stain. Ugh.

Thank god I had actually pre-registered, something I hadn't procrastinated on, so we just had to find the triage floor. NOT easy to find someone to ask for directions at 5am. We saw a sign and just walked to it..6th floor. Goods.

We get off the elevator and ya, clearly NOT the right spot, but was there someone at the desk? No..because they were still comfy in their beds.

Luckily someone walked by who could see I was huge...and we looked lost and she pointed us in the right direction. We apparently snuck in the back way? We are pretty sneaky people.

We find a nurse, check in, and get taken to a room right away.

This is where it gets fun...

Stay tuned for Part 3. I'm long winded...

Pinterest Find:

Considering I call Parker "my little burrito" because when he is in the hospital swaddlers he looks just like one...this is hilarious. I have even made a song up about it to La cucaracha. It goes like this, "Parker Burrito, Parker Burrito, you're such a little burrito. Parker Burrito, Parker Burritoooooo, you're a cute burrito!!" I didn't say it was good....but it made him stop screaming at 2 am..so he likes it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment