Sunday, January 29, 2012

Perplexed.

Happy Sunday Night!!!! Not that its a good thing it's Sunday Night.

It kinda sucks actually. 

There is so much I wanted to get done this weekend...annnnnnd I got approx 1/16 of it done. Ugh. 

SO fast forward to what I want to talk about....enough of this "how was your weekend" yada yada stuff.

The hubs did laundry today because I asked him to finish it up from when he was doing it yesterday. Yesterday, I spent my whole day cleaning up the kitchen...kinda. Putting away my Pampered Chef stuff. Then we had a date night. 

Today I got to shop and hang out with one of my near and dear, Erika, all day. He did laundry...and watched TV. 

I am beyond thankful he did laundry because if he hadn't I'd have to make a trip to VS to get some more items to make it through the week..but anyways. And it meant that I didn't have to do it. As I am cooking dinner for tonight...and preping for tomorrows...and making my lunch for tomorrow..and cleaning up the kitchen again, I feel bad for him.

I thank him, because I really DO appreciate that he has spent some time this weekend doing laundry so I didn't have to.

Then I stop. Why do I need to feel bad that he is helping out? Of course I'm going to thank him..but does he ever thank me for doing laundry? (I am NOT complaining, I am just thinking.) I don't think so...which is fine! It is something that has to get done..so we should work together and get it done...but still? Why did I feel bad? 

Are we that stereotypical in our roles in the house?! Ugh....I'm breaking that mold. When we have kids I don't want them to see me doing everything in the house, which I usually don't I'm just saying. 

Disclaimer: I am NOT complaining about my husband. I am just so perplexed about what just happened. 

Anyone else feel that way?

Pinterest find of the day:



Words to Live By.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Pam, I'm right there with ya! Jake did a load of laundry the other day because he needed boxers (yea, it had been that long since I had time to do it!) and I thanked him. Why I feel the need to thank him every time he does something around the house? I have no idea...

    ReplyDelete