Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Valentine's Day Craft...

Look what I made for Valentine's Day!!




I LOVE it. I'm pretty proud of myself. Not gunna lie. 

I saw the idea on some lady's blog or etsy site, I forget, and I was like..Hey! I can make that! So I did. (This is what I bought the lumber for at Home Depot. )

So lets start with the shelf. My vision come true. 

I really wanted to have something above our sink that I could put decorations on...and hang a decorative towel. (You know you're old when....)So I was going to go buy a plain shelf and paint it...and figure out how to hang the dowel, but on a random trip to Menards one day I found that they have it all done for you!! You could pick how wide you wanted the shelf, the color, and the hangers to put under it! SCORE! I am starting to not hate Menards....

So these blocks. Sigh. I love them. They turned out awesome. I think so at least.

So I had Thane cut them to be about 6.5 inches tall. Spray painted them black. Cut some scrapbook paper to size...glued it on with ModPodge. Cut the letters out with my Cricut....cartridge borrowed from my coworker Kathie! (Thanks Kathie!!) ModPodged the letters on. Sprayed acrylic spray stuff on them all. Hot glued the flower....and Voila!! 

If I can find a horseshoe..I'm going to make one for St Patty's Day that says Luck. Where can you find a horseshoe...

Now I need a table centerpiece.....

Hope you all had a good weekend!!!

Loves.

1 comment: