Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oh Ya....We do Live in Wisconsin.....

So it finally snowed.

I forgot how much it sucks to drive in the snow!!

I like to think that I am tough shit when it comes to driving in the fresh snow. Fearless. Ya know...the "Get out of my way...I overslept and I'm late for work so I don't care if I die."

In reality....I sit hunched forward. Hands at 10 and 2. Silently praying that I am going to make it where I'm going, and that no one is going to come up behind me. I get so stressed out when there are cars behind me and I'm driving slow because I'm petrified I'm going to end up in the ditch.

Sometimes I would rather just pull over so the line of 15 cars behind me could just pass me, but then I worry that I will get stuck on the side of the road in a drift that I didn't see when I pulled over.

I literally think about this every time it snows. Today I put a shovel in my car. Just in case.

So not only do I suck at driving in the snow...so does more than half of the population. Today on the way home, I was stopped in a roundabout. No...I know how to drive in them, I live in roundabout capital of the world. No, traffic was literally stopped in a roundabout. COME ON PEOPLE!!! How does that happen?! They were designed to keep traffic flowing...not to come to a dead stop during rush hour. Ugg.

On another snow note. We need a snowblower. Thane keeps putting it off, understandable since it is January 12th and we just got our first snowfall. Still. I felt bad that he was out there shoveling by himself. Not bad enough to get a shovel and help him....but close.

My Pinterest post for the day:
Hee. Hee...so true :)


Workout Today: 45 minutes of cardio. Speed: 3.5-3.6. Incline: 4%-15% I've lost 3 pounds!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I drive the exact same way! Great job on the workout! I have been majorly slacking in that area. :(

    ReplyDelete