Thursday, January 5, 2012

I PROMISE (again) that this blog is not going to become my workout journal. But it is what I am focused on at this moment...so it is in my blog thoughts. Sorry guys. 

While working out..YES! I worked out!!! I was thinking, "Cripes, I need a lot of stuff to come to the gym!" I knew on my way to the gym that there was no doubt I forgot something. I get there, towel-check, shoes-check...sports bra- fml. I should make a checklist...so I will...and I'll share it with you guys.

Things You Need to Make You Actually Go to the Gym...(bc if you forget just one item you can talk yourself out of going...)

1. Gym Shoes. 
  • This is clearly a huge one. Usually I live in flip flops (and I would still be in them at this point Thank you Very Much Crazy Wisconsin Winter! if I hadn't single handedly gotten the dress-code at work changed to "No flip flops unless it is summer."  UGG.) If you forget your shoes, you are out of luck. Working out in ballet flats, flip flops, or shoes from your Junior year of high school...not cool.
2. My Phone and Headphones
  • Now that I have a sweet new phone, I can watch Netflix on it. I need to totally be distracted from looking at the time while working out. If I see I have only gone 6 minutes when it feels like 20, I get super discouraged and want to stop. If I'm so absorbed in the Secret Life of the American Teenager that I don't even know 45 min has gone by...I'm fine. 
3. Shower Essentials
  • I am OCD enough about how I smell. There is NO way in hell I am going back to work without rinsing off. Shower essentials include: towel (dur), shampoo, body wash and loufa, flip flops (other people's bare feet..eww) and that stupid little towel thing with velcro that my mom also has. Ya, you make fun of your mom for that thing, until you are stuck in a gym locker room trying to figure out how you can make it to the shower without showing off all your goods....which leads me to number 4...
4. Blinders.
  • So you don't really need this to get your butt to the gym, but man does it come in handy in the locker room! I am NOT comfortable enough with anyone to just walk around butt ass naked...especially strangers. I always wonder how the old ladies can just walk around, sometimes talking to each other, with their boobs to their knees? How is that ok!? Have you just been around so long that you don't care anymore? Ok, so that probably is it..and I give them some major street cred for still going to the gym. They should actually be inspiration to me. Shit. I take back this whole paragraph. Go ahead older ladies...walk around..talk to each other. Just please, if you come up to me..can you put a towel on? Thanks. 
5. As I said originally, sports bra...a different tank top to put under my shirt..and new under things. 
  •  Let's be serious. It's gross if you wear the same under things (all 3 mentioned above) to workout..and then go back to work. Even if you do shower. Maybe some people can do it and not make others gag...I choose not to find out if I am one of those people. (If you are one of those ladies who really don't sweat and just glisten..I'm jealous!) I like being clean after a hard workout..and it allows me to work my butt off and not worry about walking around looking like Pigpen from Charlie Brown with flies all in my business. 

On a different note, I would like to thank everyone who supported me since the last blog. Your support got me to workout today. I was literally moved by how much support I got. Thank you guys!! It means a lot. I loved the texts you all sent me :)

Like I said on FB: I do better if I am held accountable. So here we go. I am accountable to all of you. I hopefully will not longer post my entire blog about this..but I will end it with a quick snipit of what I did that day...sorry, but hopefully it will work :)

Workout today: Tredmill for 20 minutes inclined at 4 or above. Then I got a text from 2 friends...and went an extra 15 minutes at 6 or above on incline. Thanks guys!

2 comments: