Friday, July 1, 2011

A Few Signs You're Old..

First off..I'm sad I didn't get a chance to write last night. I was at volleyball waaaay too late and had to come home and crash. I hate getting up at 5am...

Anyways. It's Friday!! WOOO!!! Get Crazy!! How did I spend my Friday night you ask? How sweet of you. I cleaned my house. Yes. Cleaned my house. I am currently still doing laundry...and the house isn't totally clean yet. I'm saving the rest of it for tomorrow. I know...I know...pretty rowdy. I should probably take a second to calm my excitement down. .......nope. Not possible. It is just TOO exciting!! Ugg...getting old sucks.

Friday nights have become my least favorite nights. I used to love them, until I got old. They used to be the night that I headed home from Milwaukee to see my boys (Thane and Bernie) and the start to an awesome weekend. Now they are the night that I try to stay awake after 10 because it is the weekend and if I go to bed before 1030 I feel like I wasted part of it. It used to be the night that I would get pumped to go out with my drinking boots on. Now it is the night where I dread having plans because I know I'm going to be tired from the work week. I am old!!!

My cousins and I used to sit at family gatherings and listen to our moms and laugh at them. "Are they seriously talking about that?! God you guys...let's never talk about that!!" Well sure as shit, we started to talk about those things. (Ok Side note. "Sure as shit." What a gross f'in statement. I say it all the time, but today I thought about it...and I grossed myself out. Who started this disgusting saying?! Probably Thane.)

Anywho. Sign Number One you're getting old: You talk about cleaning products.
   This is a big one. Our parents used to talk about cleaning all the time and what products worked the best yada yada. We were appalled. Who the hell talks about cleaning products? Well. Now I do. Mom was just telling me about some product her friend sells that makes your stainless steel sink look brand new again and I was totally interested in it. If it weren't like $50 a bottle I would buy it. Mom says it is worth it though..so I may get it sometime, or just borrow hers. ;)

Sign Number Two: You talk about pine cones.
    Ok, so not necessarily pine cones, but if my cousins read this they will get it. My mom once started a converstaion at a gathering about how she went pine cone collecting and how she was going to arrange them in a basket for decoration. This was at least at 30 minute conversation with my aunts because then they all started talking about random things they decorate with. We vowed we would never talk about pine cones. So, one day I made my FB status about where I could find pine trees to line our fence line with and of course I get made fun of almost instantly. "Oh why Pam? Are you going to decorate with the pine cones?" If I am here long enough for these trees not to die...I just may decorate with pine cones! *Fun Fact: Bernie loves to eat pine cones. He ate several of mom's decorative pine cones.*

Sign Number Three: You go to a craft fair, on your own free will, and buy something with berries on it.
   I swore I would never buy anything that had anything to do with Americana shit. Well...I just bought a "love long, laugh often, love much" sign with...gasp...berries on the top of it. Even worse? I like it.  It is super sweet. So not only did I buy this berry thing, I also went to this craft fair alone..and I liked it. I am also very excited about the Mount Horeb Art Fair. Enough said.

Sign Number Four: You think staying out late is staying out past midnight...and are still hungover the next day.
      We used to be able to go out and stay out til bar time and maybe do an after party, like all the time. Best part: you could do it all again the next night. Nope. Now I have one good night of partying and then I need the whole next day to recover. If I am hungover I like to sleep the entire day so I don't feel like shit. You can't be sick if you're sleeping! At least that is my theory. I plan to stick to it. I like sleeping. Hangovers. Ohh hangovers. I don't have them much anymore, but man when I do....yuck. They are worse than ever. :)

I think I'm done for now. I have to go start my photobook so I can use a sweet Picaboo coupon I just got. (Another sign you're old. Using coupons all the time.)

Hope your Friday night was more exciting than mine!!

<3 Pam

1 comment: