Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Mother's Daughter

It's Sunday. Again. It always comes SO fast. What a great weekend. I saw Harry Potter on Thursday, the midnight show, with some fantastic ladies. Awesome movie by the way...great effects. Friday I was in bed by 9:15 which was amazing, especially after only getting about 4 hours of sleep on Thursday night. Saturday was Erika's shower!! 

If I have learned anything from throwing Erika's shower it is that I am my mother's daughter. My mother loves to have parties, but they stress the shit out of her. She plans everything to the last detail to make sure that it is perfect. Apparently, I have inherited this from her. I also love having parties, which I have posted about before. I stress out about them. I plan everything to the last detail. I may come off to people as being a little OCD...but it works for me. We pulled the shower off. :) I loved planning it and I'm sad its over. Thankfully, I have a baby shower to plan in October. This is going to be at my house so I will have the opportunity to stress out about it even more!

I have actually called my mom several times to "thank" her for making me into the OCD party planning person that I am today. I have yet to go so far to put post-it notes where I want to put my dishes during the party..but its not far away. :/ I just bought a banana hammock bc I hate how they just lay on the counter. Seriously? Do people actually get bothered by that stuff? Some of the presents that got shipped to my house for the shower were ripped open on the sides. It took everything in me to not rewrap all 5 presents. I didn't wrap them again, well ok I did one of them. It was pretty much unwrapped anyways...but the other ones I didn't! Part of the reason was that I didn't have enough paper to wrap them with, but that is besides the point. The point is, I didn't wrap them all again! I pushed past the "everything has to be perfect." Ya me!!!!!!!

Today we went to the Art Fair in MH. God it is hot as shit out right now. Not cool that we didn't find anything worth while, but oh well. 

Hope you all had a great weekend! Hope your Monday doesn't suck.

Don't forget to vote!

<3 Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment