Monday, July 18, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

Wooooaaaahhhhhhhh. Ugg. What a day. I told myself I would be in a good mood all day, because I promised my kids on Friday that I would be. I told them how stressed I was and apologized for being grumpy, but I'd be better on Monday. And I was!! I had a great morning!

During circle time we decided on our performance on Friday, space blob comes to Earth on Christmas and gets excited about presents. It will be an epic performance by East. Since it is too dang hot to go anywhere I was excited bc I actually had time to spend with my kids getting ready for it. Ha. Shoulda known. 

9:30 rolls around and my coworker comes in. Break already? No. Lice check. The next 2 hours of my life were spent checking children's hair for the most disgusting thing possible. Lice. Eww...shudder. . No big deal.  Only one in my class.....all in my room though. I'm going to make my kids shave their heads if they ever get lice. Gross. 

So whatever. That's done. I go on break and get supplies ready to make our props. I cut out the Christmas tree and 10 blobs and get my kids going on painting. Come back from break and 10 min later I get a phone call from Thane. Missed call. I call him back and all he says is, "I need you to come get me. I need stitches." 

um what?! He is in Fox Lake. Over an hour away. Awesome. I start to freak out because he *never* calls me when he gets hurt at work. He usually just electrical tapes it up and is good. Not today..so I knew it was bad. Of course the one day I leave my GPS on the kitchen counter I have to drive to Fox Lake. Where the hell is Fox Lake you ask? Past Columbus apparently. Thankfully, my coworker let me borrow hers, which helped big time bc if you know me you know how easily I get lost. 

Off I go! Freaking out and have to drive over an hour to get him. So ok, get him..go to Urgent Care. He went in and I finished up some paperwork and I walk in to "I'll contact the surgeon about fixing that tendon." .....?????? Yup. He got 6 stitches and cut through a tendon, so he can't lift his middle finger. 

Bright side? I discovered that the Urgent Care in Columbus is not a busy place. It may be faster to drive all the way there when we need it than trying to get in to the ones in Madison!! No lie.

So he has to have a consultation on Wednesday to see if he has to have surgery, but I am pretty sure he has to.  Ugg......he is going to go crazy being at home even one day. Oh did I mention it is his right hand? :/ Whatever. I am just glad that it wasn't his wrist, as he pointed out it totally could have been. Now I don't have to worry about him getting heat stroke! 

Hope your day was better....

<3 Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment