Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Live in the Moment

So a friend of mine posted on FB a while ago about how she wants an unplugged wedding, which from what I gathered is no one takes pictures at their wedding. I was like "What?!" Mainly because some of the best pictures we have are from our friends. Granted..many of those awesome pictures are from the reception. Pretty much those pictures helped me fill in the time when I wasn't with that group of friends and helped me feel like I had been everywhere at once on our big day. I really appreciated it. I think this friend was talking more about her actual ceremony though, so anyways I read the article. Basically it said, put down your camera and live in the moment. Enjoy where you are and what is going on around you. I didn't think too much about it, until the Eric Church concert the other night.

I was sitting in our shitty seats trying to get the perfect picture, which was not going to happen, when I suddenly got it. Take a few crappy pictures to put in our photo book for the year, and then put the camera away! The picture quality won't get any better...and I will enjoy the concert more if I am not hiding behind my camera. So that is what I did. I took 2 more pictures and didn't touch my camera for the rest of the night. I spent my time in a better way. Rocking out.

Not that a concert comes anywhere near the importance of a wedding, but now I get it. I love weddings. The past few I have noticed that I try to get one or two good pictures and then I do just sit and enjoy what is going on. Wait, crap. I do always try to get their kiss on camera..which is dumb bc it is so quick and sometimes I end up missing it bc I am trying to zoom in and then end up zoomed in on a plant or something. Which is exactly what she is talking about! Who cares if I get the couple kissing?! What am I going to do with the picture anyways? I don't have my degree in photography, they aren't going to want my yellow tinted photo. Just sit back and enjoy!

So this concept, while totally new to me and I love it, is going to be really hard. As my over 100 albums on FB prove...I am a camera slut. I LOVE pictures. (Hence the wedding wall in my house.) I love taking them...I love being in them (when I look ok)..I love bothering people to get in group shots. I am always so afraid that we won't get any good pictures and then we will have nothing to remember the event by! My new motto: Take a few good pictures (just enough to fill 2 pages in our photo book ;) and then put the camera away unless someone is doing like a keg stand or something important like that.

Ok..seriously? Who am I kidding with this new motto of mine. You guys just wait til Saturday and see how well I follow that. Well a fantastic thought. There is no way I won't take 50 pictures of us sitting in a chair on my deck. Oh well. I found some funny ruined wedding pictures....

I am just wondering why they wanted a bunch of cows in their wedding picture..and why aren't very close together?

 Really photographer? You didn't see this was a bad angle?I hope this is a joke...

Hope this isn't her ex-boyfriend or something. Awwwwwkward!







That's it! I have to go to bed before I fall asleep....later loves.
                                                                                                  <3 Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment