Sunday, July 10, 2011

"You can't be that bridesmaid...."

"Unless you start drinking before the reception starts." -me at Trena's wedding. Have you ever been "that guy" or "That girl" at a gathering? I often am that person. Trena's wedding for example. I decided that I was going to get the title of "That Bridesmaid"..and I did exactly that. She still holds it against me that I didn't make it through her "whole" dance. In my defense...usually wedding dances get done at midnight, her's got over at 1. NOT my fault!

I used to often be "that girl" at weddings (I have grown up a little so now I am sometimes "that girl"). Something about the free beer just gets to me. Weddings and keg parties. It's just too hard to keep track of how much beer you consume when you're just refilling your cup. "Never let it touch the bottom!!!" -Docken @Frolic '09

So why am I posting about this? Ohhhh ya know...family baptism party..and my husband becomes "that guy." He just can't understand how he got so drunk off of vodka lemonade. "Well darling...you don't drink vodka and you were drinking New Glarus beer instead of Bud Light. I think that is self-explanatory."  " I just don't get life right now...how am I so drunk?" Sigh..whatever. I tried. He is passed out now..and will be super unhappy when he has to get up early. No big deal. :) I just told him he was lucky that it was his family and not mine. At least I can say that when I am that drunk I just pass out...probably face down on the bathroom floor, but still.

Speaking of his family. I love them. Such a huge, loud, fantastic group of people. There is never a dull moment and I'm really happy they are my family now too. :) I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to be married into. We have a wedding coming up on his side. It may be epic. Each wedding in my new family gets a little more crazy than the next. Instead of there just being "that guy" it will be "those Sutters." How could I not love them?!

Anyways...how was your weekend? Mine was pretty fantastic. Spent some time with my valley loves last night, BW3s and X-Men. I got up early today to get a lot of stuff done and I ran out of the things I needed. Ugg. I suck at life.

Have a great Monday guys!!

Thanks for reading...don't judge me. :) (you know you have all been there at some point!)

<3 Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment