Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stay Safe this Weekend...

The polls are closed!!! The one food the majority of you would be ok with eating for an entire week was.....drum roll.......pizza!!!!! Mac n Cheese was a close second, with spaghetti coming in third. My friend Doug is the inspiration behind this weeks question. He has moved into his grandparent's home and has since inherited her extensive plate collection. Grandma Doug has plates everywhere..and this is after Doug has taken some down. I plan to collect Christmas ornaments from wherever we go..mostly bc I love Christmas and this way...the random thing we collect won't always be on display. Only on a special day.

So this blog may be a little more serious than I intend any of my blogs to be, but a guy I know from MH got into a car accident last night and booze was a factor. Someone crossed the center line and the 2 cars hit head on. Everyone was saying he crossed the line, but after listening to the guys talk tonight it could have very well been the other car who crossed. Who knows. Anyways. He is in the ICU and has already had brain surgery. This scares the crap out of me. He is younger than us..doing what we on any given weekend. Who doesn't drive a little buzzed? (I'm not saying he was buzzed, but you know.) I'm not going to stay at someones house after having 4 beers over the course of 3 hours. I worry about our friends more than I do about us. How many of them have driven when they shouldn't have and are lucky enough to get home. I know I have tried several times to get them to stay, and many times I am successful, but sometimes they are just too damn stubborn.

I saw that damn "buzzed driving is still drunk driving" commercial like 8 times tonight. Ugg.

 I know for sure that bc of this guy..I put my seat belt on when driving Thane's truck. (This guy wasn't wearing his and he got ejected from his car.) For some dumb reason I feel much safer in the truck than I do in my car and I tend to not buckle up. Dumb. I can still easily be thrown out of truck if we got into an accident. It is not a friggin army tank. So long story short. Sometimes I guess it takes someone elses' bad luck to make you realize you need to get your shit together and be more careful. We aren't Superman..although I wonder if has ever been drinking and flying?

So...if you have a spare second..think about JT and say a little prayer..send some good thoughts..whatever you do, to him and his family.

I am already rambling. I just really wanted to blog tonight. So far it has been a great weekend. Lots of time spent with friends just hanging out. Those are my favorite nights..when we just get to hang out and it is low key. Ugg...I'm dong with this. I need to check Facebook. Priorities people...priorities. I have to get up early to go to the Brewer game!!!!!!!

Peace out homefries. Stay safe.

<3 Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment