Friday, July 22, 2011

Pet Peeves Aren't Real Pets...

So we are just sitting here...in the pre-op room. Waiting for Thane's doctor to become "back on schedule." Ugg. I understand..but it sucks. We had to be here at 12:45, so we thought surgery was at 12:45 right? Wrong. Surgery was supposed to be at 2:15...nice. I know what you're thinking, "Oh Pam...you had to be there that early so they could do the pre surgery stuff, like take his vitals, put in an IV, make him put that fashionable robe on, etc." No. We did all that. It took like 30 min. *Grumble Grumble*

So my blog today will be about my pet peeves. I have a few of them. Enjoy.

Peeve #1: Parents who let their children do whatever they want.
 Obviously something to do with children would be my #1 peeve. I deal with these children on a regular basis. You would think that I am talking about one child..but no. There are too many to even think about naming them all. I guess I just don't understand why some kids have no concept of what the word "no" means? Were so many parents' parents THAT horrible/strict that they have to be so laissez faire with their kids? Is it the whole "I want my kids to have what I didn't have" syndrome? I get that with many things. I didn't get to have...ok wait. I don't know what I didn't get to have. I was the youngest and therefore really spoiled. BUT I don't think you can tell.(unless you are my sisters, I'm sure they can tell..sorry guys..I'm immature around mom n dad for a reason.) My parents didn't give me everything I wanted..they still said no. While they did give me a lot, and I appreciate that, I am still a well rounded person who knows how I should act in public, when to say please/thank you, when to hold the door for someone etc. So many kids don't know those simple things!!! Once I was going to give a kid something and I was like "What do you say??" (Please or thank you..i don't remember which I was going for.) They literally stood there with a blank look on their face, so I prompted like 3 more times....such a confused look on their face and then I got a "now?" UGGG!!

Peeve 2: People who interrupt me while talking with another person.
Ok this also has to do with kids. Sorry. I remember specifically when I was younger my mom was on the phone and I wanted a Swiss Cake Roll or some shit like that. The conversation when like this:
Me: Mom. (poke in arm) Mom. Mooooooom. (wave hand in front of her) MOM!
Mom: (calmly into phone) Hold on a second. (covers phone with hand) PAMELA I AM ON THE PHONE! WHEN I AM TALKING TO SOMEONE YOU NEED TO WAIT!!!!! (as if the hand over the phone really worked for how loud she yelled.) (turns back to phone) ok so anyways...
I literally still think about that conversation anytime a kid does that to me. I actually tell my kids at my summer job that when they need something and I am talking to another adult or kid that I know they are there. They can tap me once, I know they are there and will turn to them when I am done talking. Sometimes, if they interrupt my conversation..I will turn to them and tell them they need to wait..and then make said conversation last just a liiiiittle bit longer to prove my point. I'm a bitch like that....

Peeve #3: People who don't listen to me when I talk.
I swear..sometimes I do have interesting/important things to say. I really do. I truly dislike trying to talk when I'm in a large group of people. The things I have to say always seem to not matter and get lost in someone else's story. Maybe I am too sensitive about it, but I think it stems to my stutter problem. If I am trying to say something, damnit give me a second. Also to that effect, if I am trying to say something and obviously can't get it out of my mouth and you know what I am about to say..by all means SAY IT!!! It is such a relief when I don't have to say that word. For instance. I can say Miller Lite, but you put me at a bar having to order it and those 2 words get stuck in my throat every damn time. People make fun of me for it..but I refuse to order it. It made living in Milwaukee really hard where they only serve that at some bars.

Peeve #4: Inconsiderate people.
I have a lot of pet peeves..sorry. This one really pisses me off. I am the type of person who puts everyone else and their needs in front of mine. (Thanks Dad for this trait.) I would say now I am trying to not be so much like this because a lot of the time it Fs me over. I am pretty sure I could say that if you need me to do something for you..I will 96% of the time time. The other 4% of the time I can't because either I have to work, I am physically unable to do so, or I'm so tired I can barely move. I don't understand people who just straight up don't give a shit about how their actions affect others around them. This annoyance can be as trivial as that person in front of you at the grocery store with a cart overflowing not acknowledging that you have a pizza and beer in your hands and would probably appreciate going in front of them so you don't waste that precious time where your beer is getting warm! Come on people! Bud Light Lime is not as good at room temp as it is cold! Ugg. Or, that asshole who doesn't follow the "every other rule" while leaving a busy place. UGG I hate that! Oh and now, as I sit in the waiting room, I have a new inconsiderate person peeve. Watching Telemundo Tv when obviously I don't speak Spanish. Really? Although I have a computer on my lap, maybe I'd like to watch/listen to TV too..and something I understand!

Pet Peeve #4: Terrorists.
ok I know everyone obviously hates them..but really?? You pick the capital of Norway to bomb? Wtf. Norway!? Do you hate ugly shoes? What is possibly in Norway that you are angry at? Gnomes?! Does Norway even have a friggin army?! (Ok..I am aware that they prob have an army, I'm just saying.)

Pet Peeve #5: When people make fun of my stutter.
ok, clearly I can't help when I stutter. Do you think I choose to not be able to talk because it sounds cool? No. Not at all. It is actually super embarrassing. Do I make fun of your face? No. So don't make fun of my speech problem when it presents itself. That said...as I stated before. Feel free to help me say words if you know what I'm about to say..just not in a asshole tone of voice ;)

That concludes my long blog for the day. Thane is about to wake up any minute so I should probably get ready to go see him. Surgery went well...cut a main tendon and a small one next to it. No problem repairing it though I guess. :) Cross your fingers for a fast recovery! He doesn't like not be able to work :)

<3 you guys
-Pam

2 comments:

  1. I love this one :) I could go on all day about my pet peeves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugg...I had to make myself stop! Where is your blog?!!?

    ReplyDelete