Thursday, January 2, 2014

My New Friend

I had all these things to blog about today, but as I sit down to do it.....poof. Gone.

I am slowly getting more excited for the 24 day challenge. My bestest friend from college is having amazing results from Advocare and she just posted some before and after pictures. Absolutely amazing. She is really working it.

Notice I said she is working it...not it's working for her. It has taken me a long time to realize that I HAVE to do it...nothing/no one will do it for me. 

I am taking things with those whole "body transformation" slow. I have to. It is not reasonable for me to be like "I am eating ONLY salads all year!!!" or I make a mean green pepper, mushroom, and chicken mix....mmmm..but I can only do that one day and then the next day it goes to waste. I have to have variety and good stuff or I get bored and fall head first off the wagon. Onto a rock.

I had Chipolte today. Yes..Day 1. BUT!! I got brown rice...fajita veggies..and no cheese. A few subtle changes. Yes, it was still a billion calories. Yes, I shouldn't have gotten the wrap. But damnit..I didn't want chicken noodle soup. 

I'm a big girl. I need my food. I figure if I start small, don't go balls to the wall, I am more likely to figure this out. Stick to it. I didn't snack today. I wouldn't let myself. I had a burrito for God Sake..I didn't need to snack. 

I haven't snacked after dinner. I did have a cookie with dinner though. That sucks. but oh well...I was mad after I ate it, it wasn't worth it. So I won't do it again. 

I did work out tonight. 20 minutes. Personal win because I forced myself to get dressed. Working out was the last thing I wanted to do tonight. After P went to bed, I wanted to blog, order some Advocare, maybe Pinterest, and go to bed. 

But NO! Between T texting me today, Emmy's pictures, the pictures Becky posted for encouragement...I made my ass get off the couch and put on my new shoes. Instantly I was ready to go.

I had a nice talk with a 60 yr old gymnast today. He was very interesting. The nicest thing he said to me after I called myself fat, "I don't think you are. We all have different body types. I can see you have muscle tone..." to which I replied, "its just hidden under the baby fat" and he agreed. :)

He made a point, that I already know, but I easily forget. Women give up everything to have miracles. Their hair, their nails, their bodies. Dont' get me wrong...I wouldn't have it any other way...I just wish I didn't have this gross ass stomach to look at every day. I actually wouldn't mind seeing my C-Section scar everyday.

It's my reminder that I'm bad ass. 

It's my reminder that I can literally do anything. 

Feeding a baby in a sleepy, oxy induced state..that takes mad skills people. Recovering from a c-section is NOT easy. I hear I did in fact have it easy, and that is scary. Recovering from a c-section and caring for a preemie...not easy. I can do anything.

Anyways, he says that we don't give ourselves enough slack. Yes, we can lose weight but it takes time. It took 9 months to put it on, blah blah, but he continued. "and then all that recovery and taking care of the baby. That takes a lot. Then you have to find the time to workout without leaving them at home or taking away from your time with them."

Wise man. He gets it. (His wife did have 4 kids..I hope he'd get it)

I'm so glad we had our field trip today. This man motivated me. He didn't know me, and I will probably never see him again, but our conversation today helped me big time.

Thanks old man...you're pretty cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment