Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 6...Cheek Swab

What a crazy busy day we had!

The Bone Marrow Registry was today.

It was such a well put together event. Ilya's family really did a great job. 236 people showed up to get registered. Pretty amazing.

As far as the testing went, super easy. You have to swab inside your mouth, all four corners, with like a big Q-Tip. Totally quick and painless.

The form you had to fill in before you can do said swab...intense and long, but worth it.

Parker's buddy Bruce was there. P is a little like Lenny from Of Mice and Men with Bruce. He was trying to be a good friend and rock him in his car seat...and was just a little over zealous with it. I'm surprised Bruce didn't fly out. Apparently he also tried to eat Bruce's hand? Sigh..sorry Tanya.

Saw my friend Heather on our way out...thank for going Heather!!

After the registry we went to Target, met an old parent's new baby. Jonah. Adorable.

Hit up Costco for the first time with my new card!!

I just found out last weekend that I have had a Costco membership for quite a while now...so I thought I'd actually use it.

It was *beyond* packed. So busy. I saw my mom's coworker and his wife and while we were catching up, we caused about 30 traffic jams. While I was walking slow to wait for Sara, I had like 4 people in a line behind him...like butt to cart traffic. (get it? like bumper to bumper?)

I can't believe a store that huge can be that packed.

I grabbed P a sample of pork loin because he hadn't had lunch yet. He mowed for a bit and then wanted nothing to do with it. There was too much to look at. I ate his leftovers...sold.

I wasn't sure if that was ok on the cleanse, but I figured it had to be. Before I could go grab my own I ran into my old coworker Kathy, who is big in Advocare, so I could confirm that pork loin is in fact ok to eat. Great timing lady!

So this leads me to what I ate today:

Breakfast: Vanilla Meal Replacement- I had planned on eating eggs with chicken, but I ran out of time getting out the door. So shake it was. I just got a blender bottle and it made a HUGE difference in the shake. No chunks of powder? Win.

Lunch- Egg whites and one yolk with chicken and peppers.

Dinner- Pork Loin with carrots and red potatoes. I cheated and at the potatoes. But if eating these potatoes is wrong...I don't want to be right. They were SO good. I sprinkled olive oil and Italian Dressing mix on them and the carrots...even better than when you sprinkle the Ranch mix. Try it guys. The pork loin...it didn't even need ketchup!!

Here is the recipe: mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thane is currently eating ice cream. Chocolate fudge crazy shit head. or something like that.

I plan to start lifting soon. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment