Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bone Marrow

Bone marrow is the soft spongy tissue that lies within the hollow interior of long bones. In adults, marrow in large bones produces new blood cells.

Bone marrow is what a 7th grade girl needs to help save her life.

I have known this girl since I started at my job. She has been going there forever. We found out just before Christmas that she has AML leukemia. 

I have not been able to make myself look it up, but whenever someone says they have they just shake their heads, look down, and whisper "it's not good."

Devastating.

This little girl is so full of life. She is beautiful. She is spunky. She wanted to be a vet.

Now she is fighting for her life.

How quick things can change.

I was terrified the first trimester of pregnancy and the last trimester. I just wanted Parker out so I could see he was ok. I would know he was ok.

Her parents thought she was ok.

Until her flu didn't go away.

Now she is in the children's hospital doing chemo and preparing for a bone marrow transplant.

Can you imagine if that was your child? It literally makes me sick to even think about Parker going through this. Sick. and makes me cry. 

I just got a FB invite for an event to see if I could be a match. Ideally a sibling would be a match, but she is an only child..

So far 179 people are attending. I hope I am the one. I hope that I can help save her life. I have no idea what goes into bone marrow donation, but I will do it.

She's in 7th grade. She has the world to change. And trust me...if you know her, you understand. This girl will make a difference in the world.

Please, if you live in the area considering going to Verona on the 25th You could help save her life. Her LIFE.

Or at least give her a few more great years.


179 people is not enough. Please, if you can spare an hour on the 25th, message me. You could be her savior.
In any case, hug your little ones tonight, tight, and thank your lucky stars for their health.

No comments:

Post a Comment