Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Losing a Friend

It's horrible.

I just spent time with her today...and I felt so lost.

We have been through a lot these past 5 years.

My wedding. Gender Reveal party. Parker's 1st birthday. and my countless other projects I needed her advice and help on.

She was always there to help me with things I didn't even know I needed help with!

She will be moving away at the end of February and I will miss her dearly.

Goodbye Archivers. You are loved and I shall miss you.

I was there today to get some paper that I ran out of for decorations for P's birthday. My aunt told me things were 25% off already. Bittersweet.

I went on my break at like 1 assuming, per usual, it wouldn't be too busy. It was the middle of the work day for cripes sakes.

No. Parking lot is PACKED.

There is a big sign on the windows. "25% OFF! STORE CLOSING." My heart dropped.

Even though everyone had confirmed it, I had seen the email, I was holding out hope that it wasn't true. Now there is no where in Madison to go, sit with friends, and scrap. I know it sounds dumb..but what a loss. First the Scrapbook Superstore, a mom and pop store, and now Archivers a big cooperation.

What is this world coming to?? Everyone needs paper and embellishments at some point!

So anyways I walk in and it was a madhouse. Women everywhere with their little baskets full of paper and other goodies. So I beelined it for the solid colors, I just needed 3 more sheets of each to be satisfied with my project and 1/3 of the wall is bare.

WHAT?!?!  I was literally JUST there on Friday. Of course they were out of my blue. My favorite blue. Woe is me.

So now I start to panic. What if next time I come....all the paper is gone?? Then what!??!

Let's just say I understand looters during rough times or riots. I kept my calm outside, but inside...I was letting the scraplady take over.

What would I do when I needed chevron paper?!?! What about when I make a Valentine's Day project and I have no paper!? Where will I go !?!? I cooked it over to the chevron section and luckily they have a lot left.

I bought it all.

Joooooooookes. It's 25% not 70% guys.

But seriously, I planned out a few projects while standing there and had to search the store for the right paper. Several times I grabbed the LAST sheet on the rack. There was only ONE cupcake paper left.

ONE.

That ruins my entire project, but I bought it anyways. I'll salvage what I can.

I was kind of panicking. Joannes paper selection sucks now since their remodel. Michaels is just disgraceful. Who has time to get over to Hobby Lobby? I needed to stock up NOW!!

I got in line, because I had to get back to work not because I was done. No one knew where to line up. There were two lines for my one register. Annoying.

So I went to the other register...behind the women who decided to literally buy 5 of every paper in the store. and 10 wooden picture things. Ya....she felt the riot panic too. I wasn't the only crazy one.
 
I left the store kind of upset. Which I find ridiculous. It's just a store Pam.
 
But not really. :(

 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment