Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 8: Satisfied.

Day 8: At what point were you more satisfied with your life.

Obviously it was the week Parker was born. When our family became complete. But at what point? I'm going to pick the exact moment.

I would love to say it was the moment when I finally got to see Parker after he was born.

But that could have been more satisfying if I could have actually held him..not just touched his head in amazement. That was the worst part about having a c-section. I couldn't hold him after he was born.

In baby class they tell you that you have to let the doctors know if you want to hold your baby right after they pop out of your baby place of if you'd like the doctors to clean off all the baby life goo first. I'm not going to lie...I planned on opting for the goo-free meeting. I don't care what they say; you are still going to form an amazing bond with your child even if you don't hold them in the first 30 seconds of their new life.

I didn't get to hold P for what seemed like hours. I'm sure it was less than 5 minutes? I don't remember. I just remember Thane coming out behind my surgery blanket holding our son. That was a pretty crazy amazing moment. P was so perfect.

Who would have thought I could create something so perfect?

Well I mean..Thane had something to do with it. I just did all the hard work.

So anyway...while that moment was perfect...I was not totally satisfied.

I wish I could say it was the moment when we were in recovery and I finally got to hold him.

This could have been more satisfying if I wasn't terrified I would drop him, due to the amazing amount of drugs I was on or if I didn't have a nurse shoving my boob in his mouth.

The best part of this moment, besides obviously holding P for the first time, was watching Thane share our news with every one. I have never seen him smile so huge. Even when I walked down the aisle. That picture makes him look more like he was in pain. Seriously. I should find it. I know exactly what face he was making...but my niece Hannah just caught it at a bad time. So while I'm sure everyone else is thinking "Oh no Pam...it's a good thing he didn't run!" I know what that face meant. "Holy shit...I'm about to marry this beautiful lady. I'm so lucky."

I should probably remind him of said picture...

I say my most satisfying moment was in our hospital room the day we got to go home ..finally.

We were finally into a routine...that was about to be thrown for a loop when we didn't have any help from trained professionals. Considering we pretty much lived at the hospital that week, we were feeling at home...just laying around with our son.

We could relax as a family.

We had no visitors that day. While we went a little stir crazy because of that  and because we knew we were heading home but hadn't been given a time.

Reality was setting in that we were about to go home and learn how to be parents. Surprisingly, instead of panicking...I was excited.

My most satisfying day was the day we got to head home to be a family.

If you'd like to read about our first night home..here you go. It's a good one. :) Our First Night Home


Pretty much sums up my child....

No comments:

Post a Comment