Sunday, February 2, 2014

New Routine

So Parker is teething. Bad. The worst it has ever been.

Now I get why people have told me were so lucky with his first 5 teeth. Those teeth literally just popped in. One night he was super crabby and slept all night and the next morning BOOM. Teeth.

This time. Ohh this time.

Fever of 101. Crabby. Screaming. Won't sleep. Screaming. Hyper. Won't sleep. Screaming.

Eye teeth blow.

So this is our new nightly routine.

Phase 1: Cute sleepy baby. Parker is cuddling with me on the couch, almost asleep. We cuddle for about 10 minutes until I think he is about to pass out and then we do bedtime.

Phase 2: The bottle. We feed him his bottle. Now usually he takes his bottle and goes down right away. Not during teething. He eats his bottle and then plays with it... and flops around in our arms...and then it's all down hill...

Phase 3: Hyperactivity. You would think I am putting pure cane sugar or Monster in this kid's milk. He finishes it...lays there for about 3minutes and then is on the go. Ready to PAAARTAY. He crawls all over me, hangs off the to of the couch, steps on my rib cage, screams, laughs. Oiy.

Phase 4: We give up. This phase happens when we are exhausted need to sleep. So usually about 10. He lays in his crib for about 15 minutes quietly. Just long enough for us to have the false hope that he went to sleep.

Phase 5: Screaming. He wakes up or just decides he has had enough of this "quiet time" and screams. and screams. and screams. He is angry because he threw his blankie and blanket out of the crib and can no longer chew on them. I have also covered every square inch of the crib that he can chew on so he is mad about that too. So we go get him and he comes in bed for about 10 minutes where he is calm.

Phase 6: Play Time. Round 2. There are so many phases. This phase is where he wants to sit up in bed and play. Last night may have been the best. I "sleep" with him in the nook of my arm so if he moves I wake up. I feel his arm go out...and he starts to pat Thane on the back. Loud. Pat. Pat. PAT. If Parker isn't sleeping..no one is sleeping. He likes to sit up and face us at this point. Loudly chewing on his blankie. Sometimes patting us on the belly. Jabbering. Loudly. So I let this phase go on for about 5 minutes and then he goes to his crib where he finally sleeps.

Phase 7: Midnight to 1. Screaming. Sleeping on the couch. 1 its back to the crib.

Phase 8: 5am. Screaming. Sleeping on the couch.

EIGHT phases. no wonder we are exhausted right now.

My mom said to take out a nap but this all started when he started teething. I really hope once those teeth FINALLY come through my baby will be back to normal. Although....all the extra cuddles make every waking hour at ungodly hours totally worth it.

This kid doesn't cuddle anymore. He is waaaaay too busy. Too much to see. Too much to touch. Too much to put in his mouth.

Cuddling?

Ain't nobody got time for that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment