Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 4- Religion

Yes. I skipped Day 3. 

Well I didn't, I posted it. 5 people read it...and I took it down. 

Girls gotta be careful about some stuff...like today's topic: my view on religion.

I was born and raised Catholic. 

I got confirmed to make my mom happy...and because I knew one day I would to be married in the church. 

Having a full Catholic wedding ceremony wasn't important to me...I did it to make my mom happy. but! After...after it was done I'm glad I did it. A short version would have made it not feel real to me. The real ceremony, the entire hour of it, was special. 

There are so many things in the Catholic religion that I don't agree with. So much. It's so frustrating to me. 

I do not pretend that I understand everything. I don't. I do not know as much about my religion as I should, but that's ok with me. Ignorance is bliss right?

I left our marriage prep classes irate a few times, and then Parker's baptism class upset as well. I don't believe in every aspect of my religion...but who does?

The one thing that drove me most crazy about our marriage prep: if you can not have children your marriage is not legit in the eyes of God. I'm sorry what? I was so upset that I pointed it out to the people at our tables, who had the guts to speak up and ask the speaker about it. (I did not.)

Their argument: "So you're saying if God forbid, I get in a car accident before our wedding, or at any point before we have a child, and I become impotent our marriage becomes null in the eyes of the Catholic church?!" Literally word for word....I will never forget it.  

The speaker fumbled over her words and said, "Um....yes." Which resulted in outraged mumbles at every table and she tried to recover with, "But just to confirm I will ask the priest and get back to you all!" weird how she never got back to us about it....even though someone asked. 

Anyways, there are a lot of things I don't agree with, but when it comes down to it...it's a part of who I am.I feel like I have blogged about this before. I am the person I am today because of the experiences I had going to a Catholic grade school, going to CCD, being raised in a Catholic home, doing all the sacraments. So for that reason...I plan to make our children go through it all too. What can I say...I'm a creature of habit. 

The thing I really believe in is Fate. 

Thane and I meeting...it was in our life line. We were meant to meet that night. The events that led me to that party were so random...I hate downtown house parties, but I gave in to Andrea. It's history from there. 

Parker coming 5 weeks early...fate.

Things have a way of working out because there is a plan already out there. You just have to pay attention to the signs around you to realize it. 

So that's me. Long winded. Don't judge. You have your beliefs and I have mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment