Sunday, November 4, 2012

Back to Reality...

Ugh. Tomorrow is the end of the longest vacation I have ever taken.

It was magical.

We were in Arizona for a week, and it was awesome. It was nice to just chill with some fantastic people and just relax! I don't feel like people do that enough.

We got home and my birthday was on Friday....so was our annual HalloBirthday ParTAY!

I love Halloween. It is in my top 2 favorite holidays. The other is Chirstmas. How can you not love Christmas? It's not even really fair to compare the two really. So let's not. They are both fantastic. Done.

Saturday Thane and I were able to sleep til noon. NOON. (Ya ya I know..."don't get used to it.") Saturday was my "Part 2" of my birthday..and we had some big plans.

Menards and dinner.

Watch out!

I was actually pretty excited about Menards because we had to buy the paint for the baby's room.

MAN that was stressful.

I have had the color picked out for at least a month. It was called Sheet Metal. So, easy right? Run in...pick it up and go.

Nope.

Thankfully Menards now has one of those computer things that you can pick your paint and then "apply" it to a room to see what it looks like. Those things are SUPER helpful....if the monitor is calibrated correctly.

On screen it looked perfect. The exact color in my mind, but then I caught sight of another gray...Honest Abe if you must know, and tried that.

It didn't quite seem right, so after 15 minutes of going between the two and using different room set-ups they had, I told Thane we were good to go! Get the original color.

So while the guy was getting the stuff together I remembered that my mom wanted me to get her some gray samples for my room at her house. So I grab 2, which happen to be the 2 I had been going back and forth between for the last 15 minutes...only to discover that....

I had picked the wrong one.

On the actual sample, the Sheet Metal was NOT at all what I wanted. It didn't match my vision...but the Honest Abe was perfect. Not good.

Apparently Thane now knows my "Oh Shit." face very well and he told the guy to stop what he was doing...and then asked me what's up.

That's love. :)

So anyways, thankfully I remembered at the last second that mom needed samples too...or B Sutt's room would NOT be perfect.

Phew. Close call. ;)

(Disclaimer: Yes I know that he is a baby...he will be happy as long as I feed him, change his poopy diapers, and love him endlessly....but damnit. I want a nice room! I'm the one, well and Thane, who has to look at it at 3:30 in the morning...I better damn well enjoy it! I'm sure that he will look back one day at the pictures and say "Wow Mom..thanks for putting so much thought into my nursery. What a lucky baby I really was.")

My mom and sister came over today to paint...and man did they do a great job! I will forever be thankful that they were willing to come help. I couldn't have gotten it done on my own!

Thane wants me to mention that he taped off the stripes last night. At 11. We were both very tired....and crabby...but the end result was totally worth it. Right darling?

I don't know how many of you pay attention to me on FB, but if you saw the status the other day about the prints I really wanted being too expensive...no worries. I got them!!

Not for the outrageous price though. I got the hook up.

Aron Meudt-Thering does some amazing work. Check her out at her Facebook page. She does a little of everything from photography to graphic design work. If you need family pictures done for Christmas...hit her up. Or if you're looking to do some boudoir for your hubs, and don't lie..you've thought about it...she is having a mini-session soon! Check out her page for more info. ;)

I wonder how many of you actually made it this far....what a rambling post...sorry!! I have to get back in the groove of blogging.

I'm going to go eat some Oreos.

Pinterest Find:



Anyone else die after reading this? No.....awkward...


 
This will totally happen. Good thing "Peeta" is at the top of our list of names for B Sutts.

No comments:

Post a Comment