Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Tiiiiiime

offfff the year!!!!!!!!

Thanksgiving was early this year which only means one thing......MORE TIME for the Christmas season!!!

I love Christmas. It may top my birthday? Maybe.

I started putting up our Christmas lights outside the other weekend when it was beautiful out. It may have been kinda early, but I hate putting them up when its so cold out. Especially when I zip my coat and lift my arms and my belly falls out. It makes for a cold and embarrassing time.

Of course, I ran out of light clips about halfway and had to stop. Ugh. So then on Saturday I put up the rest...and froze my fingers and my belly. Not fun.

I talked Thane into getting our tree on Saturday.

We used to get our tree from Menards or Home Depot or something, but the other year I got sick of that. It's hard to tell if they are nice because they are all jammed up and pressed against each other.

Last year I talked him into going to a tree farm. Man..some of them are SO expensive! So no. We shopped around. I pass one every day on the way to work that has a big sign out saying that their trees are $25-$45. That is more in our range.

Bonus- at this farm we get to walk around and cut it down. Something we didn't know last year..SURPRISE! :)

Now I love it.

Thane groans a little bit because I am pretty picky about our tree. It has to be perfect. It just so happens that he was the one who spotted it this year. :) Yaaaaa Thane!!!

I think I posted about it last year, but every year I buy a new ornament for our tree. I try to make it something that means a lot to what happened that year. I also try to buy one if we go somewhere on vacation.

Last year I failed at it. It was just one that said "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

Which thinking about it now...maybe I didn't fail. It was our first year of cutting down our tree, something new. It was a great Christmas. So maybe it worked out. :)

This year we went to Arizona again so I got this ornament:

 
As you may or may not know...we are expecting ;) So I found an ornament for this event at Target:
 
 



I have almost all my Christmas shopping done.

Yaaaaaaaa me!!

Pinterest Find:

 
Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment