Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Weekend Full of Judging...and Music.

First off! The poll from last week has officially closed. Turns out that 8/10 of you would rather date a guy skinnier than you vs dating someone shorter than you. Very interesting. When I put the question up I thought it would be the other way around...I thought I would vote for shorter, until I thought about it. Think of the wedding pictures! (Disclaimer: If you are dating a guy shorter than you...I am in fact not judging you. Just stating my opinion.) I have gained almost 20 lbs since I got married..and I can't imagine being taller AND fatter than Thane. Ugg...I would feel like an ogre. So yes. I agree with the majority. I have posted a new question...or I will after I get done typing this. VOTE!! It's fun. I promise. It is going to be a very deep profound question this week. ;)

I had a fantastic weekend! I spent it with one of my favorite people Auntie TT....and Thane and Docken. Throw a little bit of Ashley and Sara in there and you have a great weekend :) We hit up the Star Spangled Celebration in Richland Center all weekend...and man did we do a good job of tearing shit up. My soon to be second husband Eric Church was there and he rocked out as usual. He puts on such an amazing show..he gets so into the music. You can really tell he loves what he does and believes in the words he sings.

Besides the Eric concert, I think the highlight of my weekend was finding The Watering Hole. It is a new beer garden that is 3 minutes from my parents house. Best part? It is attached to a gas station. In their parking lot. I may sound like I am mocking it. I am not. I seriously love it. It is a fenced in area that takes up one end of the gas station. Beer is TWO DOLLARS a can..and an 18oz tap of Bud Light is ONE DOLLAR. Are you kidding?! What is not to love?! Jello shots? Sure! Only $1..and they are good! They raffle off 40s at the end of the night. I want to go back. Best part is the decor. None of the bar stools match...and they may be from the owners friends who didn't need them anymore. It adds to the feel of the place. Low key..somewhere to go to just hang out. They have live music too! (Sonic Rush is there on Aug 13th btw...$2 cover charge) What if it rains you may be asking? Don't worry! They have a retractable roof! We will definitely be stopping there every time we go home now... here are some pics...

The Watering Hole


The music setup..in the handicap stall.

Ugg..now I can't get if off centered alignment. crap. Anyways. Man this is long. You may be wondering why the title is as it is. Who was I judging you ask? Ha..I'm horrible. So many people at this concert were just ridiculous. There was an old man wearing a white shirt, with huge pointy balloons inside of them. He was wearing a hot pink wig..but it gets better. He was also wearing tighty whites, with something in the place of his junk, and on the back it said something like "Run, I just farted big time." Seriously? Seriously!? Who lets you out of the house like that? There was a woman in her 50sish, missing several teeth wearing a glade air freshener on the pocket of her shorts. um?? Same woman decided to take a picture with a 20something year old guy where she stood like she was doing him from behind while he bent over. Best part? The camera wasn't "working" right so his friend taking the picture took forever to take it. They stood there with him bent over and her behind him whoopin it up for probably 2 minutes. 2 awkward minutes for everyone watching. Tanya's response? "That is someones mom!!! That is NOT ok!" There are just so many stories. Are you still reading this?

Enough judging. I know that if my friend Andrew is reading this he is shaking his head at me right now. Sorry Andrew. What else did I do this weekend? I went to the Pecks Art Fair by myself! I am so proud of me...I would never usually do something like that on my own, but that is what happens when all your friends are too hungover to go with you. ;) I would have felt bad if they had come with my anyways, because I walked back and forth between 3 different vendors probably 7 times trying to decide what I wanted to buy. I finally got a coat rack that you hang on the all in the cool black distressed paint, and a sign to put above it. I was pretty happy with my find. There were some other things I really liked, but we had spent so much money at Star Spangled already that I couldn't justify spending much more than I did :/

Ok. I think I'm done for now. Running out of steam. Did you get this far?! Kuddos! I love you too! Don't forget to vote! Have a great Monday!

<3 Pam


2 comments:

  1. A+ weekend! and count me in for a trip to the gas station bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we will get a group together...don't you worry!!

    ReplyDelete