Monday, June 27, 2011

Even Groupons Think I'm Fat...

Almost ever day last week my Groupon or livingsocial.com deal was for a gym. (1st off..if you don't get their emails I strongly suggest you sign up. They are amazing.) The first deal from Groupons was for a kickboxing/boxing gym on Junction Road. Since A. I love kickboxing and would be motivated to do that workout and B. That is really close to my job...I jumped on that one. It is like a 30 minute circuit training where you box and kick shit. How could that not be fun? I hope they have a shower there.

So ok..I felt good about myself. Joining a gym that isn't just elliptical and treadmills..I think I could actually love working out again....and then the gym offers keep rolling in. I got about 4 more offers for a gym. "Really Email?? Really?? I know I am fat..you don't have to remind me first thing every morning!" I angerley (is that a word Maire?) punched the delete button on my phone.

I'm sure many of you by now are all, "Geesh Pam..get off your ass and go work out at that gym then!" Well shut up..I'm going to..next Tuesday. I promise. After the horrible realization tonight...I will start Tuesday. In the meantime, I plan to take Bernie on a few more 1 hour long walks this week! I actually have it all planned out. Start the gym and the Advocare cleanse on Tuesday. The cleanse is about 2 weeks, which ends just before Erika's shower. I would start it sooner, but I am going to a Brewers game on Monday. If you have ever been to a game with me you will understand why I am not starting a cleanse until after that.

What horrible realization? Oh...ugg. Ok. I'll tell you. I ordered a dress for Erika's bridal shower, an XL..and I'm nervous it won't fit. SERIOUSLY?! I'm worried an xl won't fit?? I'm 26, that is not ok. So right after I ordered I decided I will make sure it fits by the 16th, and I went for a long walk. I may not be able to walk in the morning. (literally..my legs are going to hurt.) Tomorrow...I plan to do it again. When I wake up I'm going to lift some weights for a few minutes while watching the news. It will fit. Damnit. I will not be the super fat bridesmaid. (I'm already going to be the fat bridesmaid, but I don't have to be the super fat one! See, optimism.)

On a lighter note. I am in love with this blog. I have found myself saying several times.."I'm going to blog about this!" I say it more in my head than out loud bc I feel that people look at me funny, but whatever. I'm going to bed though...sorry for the getting kinda personal post. It was whats on my mind...deal with it. :) (I am also obviously a little sassy right now. Opps.)

Night all-
<3 Pam

2 comments:

  1. I think it's "angrily" but you were close ;)

    And definitely let me know if that gym is good or not...it will be super close to my new apartment and I may have to join :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you Andi for fixing my spelling....even Thane didn't know. So that is my excuse! :)

    I'll let you know about the gym next week!!

    ReplyDelete