Saturday, June 18, 2011

My First Blog!

My friend Alicia has started a blog for her artwork and things in the art world..maybe I'll figure out how to post her blog on here. (I'm really not that Internet savvy yada yada.) Where was I going with that...oh ya. So anyways, she started a blog and I have been thinking...I have interesting stuff to blog. Since that thought, I have been sitting at my kitchen table creeping around on Facebook thinking about what I could blog about, and now 2 hours later I decided to just start the damn thing and see what happens. Apparently I am not that interesting, but you're still reading! Thanks friends. :)

So I set up my account and I'm stuck at a name. I'm so original that I even google "clever blog names." I found nothing. I know that people tend to name their blogs based on what they anticipate they will be sharing with the world, but I have no specific topic. I'm random. I have so many thoughts in my head at once that I forget what I am about to say because before I can say it another thought has popped into my head. At volleyball Thursday I was literally talking to a friend and looked in the sky and stopped listening to her because I was too busy watching a cloud. (Sorry Ashley.) Seriously Pam?? You're 26 dude..you shouldn't be getting distracted by clouds. But I do..and that is how I came up with my name. Something Shiny is a perfect representation for my life. God I hope this blog has spellcheck...

It does!! Fantastic. I like this blog more and more every minute.

So on to blogging!! ........hmm. Today I went shopping on the East Side of Madison. Not that exciting, but I got to go into Babies R Us with my friend Staci. Who is newly preggo and I'm super excited for her!! So best part about going in there? Baby Fever is gone for now. There is SO much stuff you have to buy and figure out how to use! It took us almost 5 minutes to figure out how to the get the car seat carrier out of the stroller, and then Staci didn't put it back in properly so I politely pointed out that she didn't safely put it back in and caused her baby damage. I'm a fantastic friend. Thane was pretty happy that I only came home with stuff for other pregnant friends (Leslie I found you the coolest baby clothes! ) and quote "Thank God..I thought you'd come home with like a stroller or something."

Done for now...I have to go get ready to drink with my sister-in-law! :)

Thanks for reading. I hope to blog everyday? We shall see though...feel free to follow me. My life is really interesting.

4 comments:

  1. Yay Pam! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see what you will write about each day! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your blog may have spell check, but it doesn't seem to have grammar check... JK (Well, not really...) :)

    ANYWAY, your blog was pretty funny! If I thought people would read my blog I would write one too. Then again, during the school year I would probably want to say stuff about school, and then a student or parent or principal would find it and depending on what I said, I might get in trouble. So it's probably not a good idea.

    I don't know if I can commit to reading it everyday... we'll see how things go... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya ya Ms. Arthur. It is me being creative and writing how I think. :) I don't think people will read it..I hope they do otherwise whats the point of me doing it...but who knows! Maybe I will go big time and not have to work! I can just blog all day! Man that would be great...

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something Shiny is a "perfect" representation of your life. Good choice... TohmyG.

    ReplyDelete