Monday, June 20, 2011

Everyone Needs Goals..How Else Will You Know You've Failed?

I decided on my drive home from Invite Marathon Part 1 with Erika..that I suck at life. I know some of you are all like "Ohh Pam..don't be so hard on yourself." While others of you are silently agreeing (maybe even nodding your head).

Lemme explain. My new idea for a "job" is to start my own ETSY account. "What will you sell oh artless fool," you may be asking. Well that is simple!! I am going to make homemade cards and people will just LOVE to buy them. Good idea right? Right. Unless you have no idea how to make homemade cards...and have no ideas of cute cards to make. How does one even get started on this awesome skill? I have been trying to look up ideas online...and can't seem to find any besides the 6 I found to make with my kiddos at work. My first official "card" I plan to make will be for my co-workers KJ bridal shower. Well it will be the invites, not a card..but still.I plan to use my "NEW" Cricut that I bought from another co-worker for $50 (Holla!) So who knows..this goal may pan out. Just not at the moment.

Goal 2: Take enough good photography to sell some items at a craft fair for an outrageous price. Why have I failed at this you may ask. Well..I don't go anywhere cool to take pictures..aaaaand my camera sucks. I have always thought it would be so amazing to sit in the Spring Green Art Fair (which is this weekend by the way), sweating profusely (bc it is always hot as shit that weekend) and hearing people "ohh" and "ahh" over my amazing skills. Hmm...we shall see about that one too. I'm still young..ish.

Goal 3: This goal I still have time to accomplish. By the time I am 40, I want to open my own Doggie Day Care. A friend of mine takes her Weim to a daycare in the Milwaukee area that is beyond amazing. They even have a bone shaped swimming pool! (Here is their FB page...) They take the best pictures of the dogs...it really shows their human side. I love my dog. I could probably love other peoples' dogs too right? I think so, even though Thane so nicely reminded me "Pam..dogs can be jerks too."


Here is the pool!!

Goal 4: Get a teaching job. I'm not even going to touch this one...

Goal 5: Ugg. I'm sick of typing goals. I'm all depressed now. Yada Yada...happy thoughts.....happy thoughts.

I GET TO SEE ERIC CHURCH ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done. Happy again.

Don't forget to vote in the upper right hand corner. They will be *very* important deep questions. Obviously...I'm a deep person.

**Pam**

5 comments:

  1. Um. If you open a doggy daycare....Brew will be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I am a card buyer/sender...so get on that! I would love to be your first customer. And, I would be willing to come help you. I used to make cards with Zach's mom, so I am an old pro :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the commute won't be that bad Michelle! :) Totally worth it..

    and Katie! I'll let you know when I get around to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad my wedding invitations made you feel like you suck at life... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh shut it Erika! When I drive is when I do the most thinking. It just so happens that I was driving home from helping you when I realized that. Not BECAUSE of what I was doing :)

    ReplyDelete