Thursday, June 23, 2011

Goose Poop

I should be packing to go home right now, but I have been thinking about my day..and it just too aweome not to share with you guys.


So. If you live in Madison you know how amazing the weather was. Rainy on and off all day. Our field trip? The zoo..rain or shine. We decided to pick rain, bc who wants to go to the zoo when it is a nice day out?!


So whatever, we get to the zoo and almost instantly it starts to drizzle. Sweet life. Whatever...we walk around yada yada..rain sucks. Nothing eventful until lunch time. We luckily get to eat in a shelter so we don't have to sit in the steady drizzle. Not so lucky? The huge pond behind the shelter full of ducks and geese. I spend half my lunch trying to keep my kids in their seats and away from pulling a "Lenny" in that book where he pets the cat or mouse or whatever mumbling "pretty" until he pets so hard he kills it. You know what I'm talking about. I have kids literally stalking ducks...trying to sneak up on them and feed them. I'm sure you're thinking "Come on Pam...who cares. Let them be kids." No. I don't want to write that accident report to the parents.


So after lunch it had stopped raining and I took my kids to the park. I'm standing there trying to decide if it was safe enough for them to play when I randomly put my hand to my face. Gross...it smells like poop. I turn to Molly.."Dude..my hand smells like poop. How did that happen?" I'm all grossed out, so I put on hand sanitizer. We then decide that the park is not a good spot bc it keeps raining so we start to head in. I look down and freak out bc on my foot there is a weird blob...nope. Just dirt. Ha..not so lucky. All of a sudden..."Ms Pam..you have poop on your leg." Ha..whatever kiddo..no I don't. I look.


I have poop on my leg.


Goose poop to be more exact.


My flipflops had flipped up poop that I accidentally stepped in all over my leg and then I just happened to rub it in. Really? It is literally all over my leg. I had to go in the bathroom to wash it off...and of course they don't have paper towels. That would make my life way too easy. So ok, get the poop washed off. Head to the monkey house.


Two orangutangs were outside walking around and my kids all lined up in awe watching them at the window. All of a sudden they all burst out laughing. My coworker tells them "Guys...everybody poops. No big deal." Two minutes later another outburst of giggles....then.. "MS PAM!! THE MONKEY JUST THREW POOP AT THE WINDOW!!!!" ok, how can you not laugh at that? There was a big poop stain on the window. I giggled. I stand back and watch my kids and think how awesome it is that they are so into the monkeys or so I think. Literally 2 minutes later another outburst of giggles. "OH! The poop lost its balance!!" They had spent the last 2 minutes watching the huge pile of poop. Not the monkeys.

 Love my kids.


So nothing else eventful until the ride home where I am totally drained and thinking about what a long day it was and how tired I am when I hear one of my kids pipe up. "Mr Andrew? How old do you have to be to buy booze?" This kid is 9...and if you knew him you'd understand how uber funny this is. Andrew and I look at each other and he is like..um....what? So he tells him....kids response? "aww man!"


Literally just made my day..and as I am writing this it is putting me in a better mood. :) Who would have thought I could be in a good mood after a day full of poop?


Off to Star Spangled!!! Have a good weekend guys!!!


<3 Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment