Sunday, June 19, 2011

Holla at Ya Father!!

I bet many of you didn't know that I have a ghetto side. I do. It is thanks to my 5 1/2 years in Milwaukee and working in urban schools. I love it. It comes out when I am angry or feeling goofy. I often warn people that if need be I can go "Milwaukee ghetto" on them. It's not pretty. Erika has seen it once when some dumb girl spit on my at a concert...noooot pretty.

Anywho. It's Father's Day! I hope you all were able to spend some time with your papas and gave them a card. I was lucky enough that my parent's came to MH to see me today. I think my mom thought I was hungover, so it would just be easier to come see me. For once, not the case...but I'll take it anyways. :) Many of you may think you have the best dad in the world. Not true. Sorry. My dad wins.

My dad is the reason I am who I am, and the reason I act how I act. He is the reason I believe anything someone says. If you ask him a question and he doesn't know the answer to...he makes it up. BUT! He answers you with such a way that you totally believe him. I often got in trouble in grade school because of this. I would take his word for fact...and get a C on my homework. :) I have now learned to question people.

He is the reason I trust people until they give me a reason not to. Moving to Milwaukee was a huge step for me, especially coming from a small town. You literally have to learn how to survive all over again. In the SG you do not have to lock your doors...so not true in Milwaukee. DON'T try it! Obviously I quickly learned this and would carry my new "door locking" mentality home with me on the weekends. On several occasions, while getting coffee/breakfast at the airport cafe with dad for example, he would go to my car to get something and come back in yelling "Damnit Pamela! You aren't in Milwaukee right now! Don't lock your damn door!" Haha...I love my dad.

He is the reason I have some sweet wooden furniture in my house. He never ceases to amaze me. For my high school graduation he made me a card box, that I was able to use at my wedding. For our wedding he made me the most amazing hope chest ever. I am in love with it...and if I ever get my wedding dress cleaned (which I probably won't because it cost like over 100 friggin dollars to do so! As if I didn't spend enough money on it!!) I will be putting that in there with all our other wedding crap. Next on the awesome wood agenda is a uber sweet wine rack that I saw at a garage sale. It was an Amish made piece that the women could part with for "oohhhhh....$300?" HA! Right lady. It's a garage sale...get over yourself. So, I walked away and informed my friends that "My dad can make me that..he's awesome." Sure as shit..I go home and draw it up...and dad is all for it.

In short. My dad may not have much to say..or on the contrary sometimes he has too much to say, but he is an amazing person who has been through more than I can comprehend. For example..today he told me that as a kid he has to take a bath in the cow's water trough...when they were done drinking. Woah. Gross. With the slime? Eww. He has been through some way deeper stuff than bathing in cow spit, but that one sticks out right now.

On a different note...I am joining a gym. It is a boxing/kickboxing circuit training gym. Puuumped that it was the Groupon today! :)

That is all for now. Hope you are enjoying your last few moments of your weekend.

**Pam**

No comments:

Post a Comment