Saturday, September 29, 2012

What the F is a Gender Reveal Party?

So first off....I vowed that when I was pregnant, not every FB status or blog post would be about my baby.

Sorry guys.

It's really hard. I do try, but it seems that everything I post somehow relates back to this little human. so, if I am being that annoying pregnant lady. I apologize, but it's only going to get worse.

Second of all, thank you to all of you who been really supportive to us. In my everyday life, and FB life. ;) It's pretty amazing. I appreciate it!

Third of all, Lemme explain this whole party thing. People are pretty confused. ;) (I'm editing now..and man this is a long post..sorry!!)

We had our 20 week appointment on Friday. It was beyond amazing.

Our little guy/lady was being very stubborn and wouldn't wake up, they already take after me ;), and kept his/her hands up by their face the whole time. While very cute, frustrating for our doctor because he couldn't get a good profile shot.

I could care less...because what we did get to see- beyond cool. I have one picture where it looks like the baby is kissing me. It makes me tear up every time I look at it. So overwhelming.

Half way through the ultrasound I did have a mini freak out. It hit me once again, hard this time, that we are about to have a kid. Another human in our house that can't do things for themselves, and we are totally responsible for their well being. (I mean we had Jake here..but I only had to take care of him once in a while..and make him food sometimes ;) That's a LOT to take in guys.

I quickly got over it though.

So back to the party. We had a lot riding on this appointment. We are having the party on Sunday, and there 40 friends and family invited.

Don't judge.

We both have a large family..and my friends are like my family. If I couldn't invite one of the two, it wasn't worth having a party to me. We toyed with the idea of not inviting our close friends...but I didn't want that at all and the thought of that made the party less appealing.  Our child is going to see them just as much, if not more, than my family and they are a very important part of my life. If they couldn't be there, well...its a no go for me.

So anyways, B Sutts was sleeping and didn't want to turn our way. To start he/she was looking RIGHT at us...holy God guys. The eye sockets? Not so cute in a ultrasound ;) Super cool and I loved seeing the baby...buuuuut turn your head darling.

So the doctor did all the other stuff, we saw the spine, the heart chambers, the tiiiiny feet and hands, the brain, the belly button, the stomach. God...it was so cool.

So whenever it came time to see THE parts, the baby would literally turn. Come on kid!!!! Sooo sleepy. (It was 7:45 am come on guys...) At one point, B Sutts seriously yawned. <3. So me.

So the doctor made me go to the bathroom, made me lay on my side, turned me upside down, made an earthquake for the baby...and still nothing. That kid can sleep through anything ;)

Finally he was all like, "Ok, here is the last picture I need." It was of the head. My heart sank. He didn't see. :(

He put down the little thing that was all over my belly and grinned and said, "Hand me that envelope!!"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! He did see, he just didn't tell us when he got there. :)

I had him circle boy or girl.  I was NOT leaving any chances. I have seen doctor's handwriting.

So the party.

Thane and I DO NOT know what we are having. NO idea. It is sealed in an envelope in my car awaiting the passage to Katie tonight.

People are asking me how I haven't torn it open yet. I am seriously not tempted at all. Ok once, I was...but then I thought about our party and I didn't give it a second thought. I am so excited to find out with our friends and family that it outweighs the temptation to open that envelope.

So Katie is going to take the envelope to World of Variety and have a box filled with blue or pink balloons.

At our party, after we eat and when Tanya gets here, we are going to open the balloon in front of our family and friends and all find out together.

I know that some of you are still judging and think the party is stupid. I don't care. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thinking about finding out with gel all over me and feeling hot, sick, and overwhelmed doesn't fit who I am.

I love parties. I love my family and friends. I love B Sutts. Why not combine them all?!?!

Thane just goes along with it. ;) Now that we had the ultrasound...he is excited. Maybe not for the party...but for finding out obviously!

I have been told a few times recently to do what I want and what makes me happy. Don't care what other people think....and I'm doing just that!!

So that in a loooong nutshell is the jist of the party. Next time I blog I'll share more about the actual party. Obviously it is Pinterest inspired. I never would have even known about Gender Reveal Parties if it weren't for Pinterest!


Pinterest Find:

I have no idea what Honey Boo Boo is...but this kid reminds me of me when I was a kid....sad but true.



This seems like SUCH a bad idea to me. There are rocks at the bottom of waterfalls!!! (I don't actually know this for a fact, but I swear once I found that out about one waterfall, and now i would NEVER do it.)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Thanks for passing Jake on to me to have to take care of. ;)

    ReplyDelete