Monday, September 10, 2012

Turnips Don't Like Earthquakes...

This is going to be a pity post. Fair warning. and it takes about puking. Fair warning.

If that annoys you..don't read on.

I have been sick since Saturday night.

SO sick.

Like, I have never been this sick in my life.

I thought it was food poisoning...but I don't think it is anymore. Who knows what it is..all I know is that I'm glad I'm finally getting over it.

After getting sick for the 12th time on Sunday, I freaked out.

Sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant. No idea how that happens, but this is one of those times.

So the 12th time happens and all of a sudden I flip out and worry about the baby.

Let's be serious. I am exaggerating, I was worried about the kiddo the whole time. I'm sure it's not comfortable for them to be hanging out, possibly working out like they were today, when all of a sudden the walls of their home are hitting them in the head.

They were probably jump roping and all of a sudden it felt like there were 12 earthquakes. Probably all like, "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! I'm trying to workout....stop throwing up!!!"

They are so whiny at this age.

Anyways, 12th time. I'm weak...crying because I'm worried about how it effects the baby...and sooooo tired of throwing up. Whats a girl to to?

Call mom.

She is worried that I may be dehydrated because I can't keep anything down, including water. So of course that make me worry and I cry.

I found out that being really sick makes me cry a lot.

So I call my clinic and talk to a lady, who I cry to, who puts me on the paging list for the doctor on call. The doctor calls, who I cry to, and tells me to go pick up a prescription (that cost $124 by the way!!!!) and lay low.

The pills I get dissolve under your tongue, which is good because I can't keep anything down. They taste like shit, and didn't really help.

So fast forward to today.

I HATE calling in to work.HATE it. I dislike how guilty I feel, even though I feel like I'm dying. I had so much to do today, and I know that it puts people in difficult positions.

So that being said, I pulled myself out of bed, trying to ignore the insane pain in my stomach and the fact that I could barely see straight. I was going to work. I would suck it up.

Then it hit me. I still am sick. I feel like shit. I am pregnant. I found out as I walked around that I could barely stand without want to collapse.

It wasn't worth stressing my body out and my baby out more than I already have.

My first mom decision.

So weird. It literally hit me this morning that me not staying in bed was NOT the right choice for the little turnip....and probably not for my coworkers who would have to listen to me bitch all day.

Thankfully, I did have a doctors appointment today. I made sure I went to that, because I was so freaked out that all my earthquakes had hurt the baby somehow.

First thing we did was listen to the heartbeat....which took her almost 20 minutes to find.

TOTAL exaggeration...it was probably only 2 minutes, but my god it felt like 20.

I was beyond scared, but somehow kept it together to let her to her job. That's all she needs is to deal with a sobbing patient while trying to locate the HB.

She found it for about 2 seconds and then it was gone.

I swear, if she hadn't found it and had to send me to Meriter...I would have been a wreck. More so than usual. Thane would have had to come get me because there is no way I could have driven myself.

She informed me that it was normal to not be able to find it at this stage because the baby is moving around so much. So naturally now I have a theory that he/she was working out. I mean what else is B Sutts moving so much for? Playing on a trampoline?

Keep workin out kid. The way you eat...you need to. I don't want a 10 lb baby!!

She finally found the heartbeat and could hear it for more than 2 seconds. 148. :)

Who would have thought just hearing the heartbeat could put me at such ease? and make me want to cry at the same time?

People ask what I want to have. It honestly doesn't matter anymore. If this turnip can make it out of there ok..that is all I'm worried about now.

I see so many kids with so many different problems, it is petrifying. I can only pray (Yes, I said pray.) that our baby comes out healthy. i could probably eat some more fruit too...

Let's be serious though, I can't wait to find out what B Sutts is.

20 more days!!!!!

Thanks for listening. Clearly its been a long weekend. :/

Pinterest Find:

I just wanted to give you a heads up for our Christmas Card inspiration this year. It's going to be epic.

 
What in God's name possesses someone to put this on their Christmas card?!?!!?
 
I would go for something more like this:
 
 
Sadly, there are about 48 more of these awesome pictures. Check them out here: What were they thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment