Monday, September 3, 2012

7 Years Down..Forever To Go.

I LOVE long weekends. Who doesn't?!

If you don't...if you miss being at work on Monday, well then...good for you?

I however, enjoy the extra day off. I spent all day cleaning, decorating for Halloween, and napping. It was perfect.

We logged a lot of friend hours this weekend. Those are my favorite hours. As you may know if you have read my blog before...I love my friends. They are my family. So I always enjoy when I get to hang out with them. :)

Sunday marked my 7th year anniversary with the man I will spend the rest of my life with.

7 years. Holy crap. That's a long time.

If you are someone who saw my status last night....you know that I misspoke and Thane totally called me out on it. I told him I would make up for it by blogging the TRUE story of how we became official.

I have checked, I don't think I have blogged this before. INSIDER SCOOP!!! Get ready. :)

So it was Labor Day weekend 2005. We had just partied at a shed party at Bob's mom and dads.

It had been about 2 or 3 weeks since we had met at a party downtown..and had the "movie moment" as I like to call it. Which he still makes fun of me for..

I had to leave the party early because I was spending Labor Day with Julie and Taylor up at a cabin, so really I should have been in Milwaukee that night...but I really wanted to hang out with this guy so I decided it was worth driving back to Milwaukee at midnight.

He drove me back to my car, at his parent's farm, and we stood a respectful 3 feet away from each other as we said goodbye for the week. We hadn't even kissed yet. I swear. I had a 3 feet rule. I'm proper.

That is total bullshit.

We may have been saying goodbye like any 20 yr old kids do.

I was about to get in my car when he stopped me and was all like, "So.............what are we?"

I remember smiling and trying to act all cute and responded, "Well, what do you want us to be?"

Thane: "Well, I'd like you to be my girlfriend......."

Me: "Well, then I guess I'm your girlfriend then."

and folks......its history from that magical conversation.

Fun fact: Thane thought I was a natural brunette until I let my hair dye come out of my hair. That may have been the only time he has EVER noticed a difference in my hair. When I was totally blond again instead of brown. He was really confused.

Anyways. I am so thankful for Facebook. It has SO many pictures on it. Which happens when you've had FB since it came out. Don't judge me.

It literally documents our entire relationship. How lucky am I?

Here are two pictures from VERY early on..
 
My 21st birthday. God we are little!!
 
 
Some randon MH party I had in Milwaukee.
 
 
So anyways, happy anniversary to the best baby daddy a girl could ask for. I love you Thaner. :)
 
 
Pinterest Find:
 
If this isn't perfect, I don't know what is!


No comments:

Post a Comment