Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dear High School Pam...

Ugh. I miss blogging. I don't know why. I write about silly things. Things that aren't really important to anyone, but myself at the moment.

Maybe I do it because I don't keep a journal. I used to as a kid. "Today I told myself that if Kris didn't ask me out...I'm going to stop liking him."

Yes...I can guarantee I literally wrote that at some point. Sadly, he did not ask me out. I didn't stop liking him either. Silly me.

If I could go back in time, I would give myself some tips.

Hey High School Pam..here are a few tips:

Tip 1: Enjoy your lunch of bread sticks, ranch dressing, and cottage cheese. You will *never* find bread sticks to match the amazingness of the River Valley High School cafeteria. Sigh.

Tip 2: If your end up dating someone more than 3 times..maaaaybe they aren't the one for you. Go play the field a little bit more. Branch out..beyond the wrestling team. See who is in your tiny school. You should have dated that Senior when you were a freshman...just saying. Mom would have been annoyed...and dad would have cleaned his guns infront of him...but mehh. Why not?

Tip 3: Slap that bitch. Ugh....I had a crowd and everything. My one legit chance to achieve one of my goals in life..and I didn't take it. Man. She deserved it too.

Tip 4: Avoid drama with your friends. It takes so much energy....just don't do it.

Tip 5: Enjoy every moment with your volleyball friends. You will have those memories for the rest of your life. Fun fact: Almost 10 years later...they are still some of your best friends. :)

Tip 6: Don't date the guys your friends dated in middle school. You'll never live it down ;)

Tip 7: Stay off AIM. It causes problems.

Tip 8: Run more your senior year. You were pathetic in senior soccer. No tolerance. You're a role model on you team...figure it out.

Tip 9: Nice job not drinking in high school. Small town..not much to do..way to be. Your pop and chip parties kept you and our friends out of a lot of trouble..but geesh. Maybe drink a little so you don't go crazy after you graduate....just saying. No, no. lies. I'm proud to say drinking wasn't a part of my life then....more than 2 or 3 times ;)

Tip 10: Never put a guy over your happiness. The story I hate the most, that my mom loves to tell, is that I almost didn't play club volleyball bc of a boy. Oh man. I wanted to make sure I made it to all his sporting events. WHAT?!!? Were you on drugs?! I am so thankful my mom talked some sense into me. Club volleyball was one of the best things that happened to me in high school. Don't be dumb high school Pam....

Tip 11: Spend more time with George. You'll miss him when he is gone. :/ A lot.

Tip 12: Don't eat only cheese Doritos and drink only Mt Dew when you go stay at Katie's house. You wonder why your stomach made crazy ass noises in the morning? It HATED you. On that note...

Tip 13: Don't take pictures in your bra with your crushes name "tattooed" on your arm. I was not the only one...don't even act innocent guys. We have pictures. What were we thinking!? Tip 13.5....use a marker like everyone else. Don't let Andrea write on you with a dying pen. I'm surprised it didn't actually tattoo you.

Tip 14: hmm...what other stupid shit did you do? DO save all your notes. They are so much fun to look at now. Especially when you find Katie's 30 page letter. Did we really do that?? Sit and copy stuff from magazines or books..just to make our letter long? THEN the other person actually read every word? Love it.

Tip 15: Stop thinking you're fat. Wear a bikini because you will never be able to wear one again...

Tip 16: Go to Peck's Landing in the summer. You love it as an adult..I can't imagine how much fun it could have been with your high school friends.


I'm done.

This post is a *perfect* example of how friggin random I am. I was just going to post about very random things I have done lately....and it turned into this. I think you can literally see my thought process at the beginning. Do you see why I named my blog what I did!?

I love that I am still the same person as I was 18 years ago. "If today someone doesn't do this..I won't do this." I just did this the other week. "If Thane leaves without saying anything about my 6am workout..I won't go." Well....he said something. I had to go.

Hope you are all having a great Saturday!!

Pinterest find:


 The Hunger Games. I am a little obsessed with it right now. I can't wait for the movie to come out. Granted, I will not be waiting in line at midnight...although I think that would be interesting. I'd love to see if people dress up as characters from the Capital. It would be really interesting. I love this part of the book. Such a sweet quote. <3.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. Seriously laughing in bed :) Jake kept asking what I was laughing at but he just didn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog Pammie....sometimes I swear you have crept into my head and stole some of my thoughts and put them to "paper"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thane didn't get any of them either...its ok :)

    Thanks Kathie :) I did actually....I'm sneaky like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha this made me laugh! I totally agree with you on most points...except tip 2. I was a freshman dating a senior, and I am still scarred from it. Stupidity of a 15 year old with the hormones of an 18 year old boy...ugh.

    ReplyDelete