Sunday, March 25, 2012

When Gnomes Attack...

shit gets ugly.

No no..jokes. 

I haven't blogged in 10 days! Ugh. I need life to slow down. I have been working and going on long walks and then struggling to make it past 930 for 2 weeks now. I don't know how I'm not sick...so enough complaining...recap of my life!!

Last weekend was the Frolic....oh wait. No. Last weekend was St Patrick's Day, I just acted like it was the Frolic. We spent the day at the Sandrock Saloon...and beyond that the details are hazy. Let's just say it was such a fantastic day that on Sunday people looked at me surprised I wasn't dead and asked, "Pam...you ok today?" Ugh. Ya. One of those days.

This weekend was Sara's Golden Birthday bus!!! 

So to my blog title. Sara hates lawn gnomes. Why such an irrational fear? I have a theory that one time when she was a kid..someone put a gnome on a pillow next to her while she was sleeping and when she woke up she peed herself. If something made me pee myself...I'd be scared of them too.

I think when she sees gnomes she thinks of this.....


and I bet she thinks this will happen one day...when she has a pool of course...


yuck Sara...clean your pool.

Wow...even R.L. Stine saw the market for killer gnomes....



So anyways. We all know that Sara is scared of gnomes...so we wanted to help her get over her fear. One of her friends got her a self help/strategy book.....
 
So I have heard somewhere that the best way to get over a fear is to just face it head on. So we took that approach. Sara, you're welcome. 
 
We all got her gnomes. There were twins who loved to read. One that loved to frolic with turtles. 2 brothers who seemed to be rabbit whisperers. 2 tiny gnomes to stick in plants. One was so tired he was taking a nap. One was even a solar light to help keep her safe. Oh...oh no..now that I am thinking about it..one did have a shovel. SARA!!! SARA!!!! WATCH OUT FOR THE SHOVEL!!!! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!!!
 
 

Let's all pause here...and say a quick prayer for Sara that she can dodge a shovel....

and moving on!

The bus was awesome. We didn't go far, but it was nice to all kick back and relax and not worry about who was driving home. We were able to act like we were 21 again..and I love those weekends. 

Hope you all had a great weekend. Much love.

Happy Birthday tomorrow Sara!!!!! 26 baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment