Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chalk It Up to Fate..

Today was the perfect mix between lazy and productive.

We didn't get up until 10. Didn't get out of bed until 10:45. Made pancakes. Cleaned up the kitchen. Laid on the couch. Watched American Pickers. Started laundry. Cleaned a bit. Saw Katie. Laid on the couch. Now I'm watching Army Wives.

They are in a hurricane. Not good. If Roxy dies....I will NOT be happy.  Ugh...her car is on its side. Not a good sign.

Oh man......Roxy...stay in the car!! I married an electrician...don't get out. There is a power line down!

Speaking of. Last winter I went in the ditch at the bottom of our road. Into a retaining pond. Scariest car accident I have ever been in. Well ok...that I've been in in the last few years. I've only been in 2.

So anyways. If my car hadn't turned a bit on the ice, I would have went straight into a transformer. I get home and Thane tells me how lucky I am. Then he asks me, "If you had hit that box, you would have stayed in your car right?" Um...probably not?

Apparently...listen up. If you hit a transformer with your car STAY IN YOUR CAR. See...you learn things from my blog. Your welcome.

My other accident was when I had my Ford Tempo in high school. Sophomore year. Leaving a friends house...going too fast down a hill. I hit some gravel and my car spun around ending up along side the ditch on the other side of the road. I'm guessing if I had been going a little faster I would have rolled down the ditch and hit the tree that was right there.

Its the small things in life that make a difference ehh?

I think about that a lot. That is why I'm a big believer in Fate. I always think Thane and I met by Fate.

Andrea dated his friend for a long time before Thane and I met. I always wonder why I didn't met him before Molly's party, but I'm glad I didn't. It wasn't the right time. I had a "relationship" with someone else..while liking a coworker. Ha! and when I say "relationship" I mean...we are together at parties and beyond that ...who are you? Or at least it was like that for him I'm sure...

I met Thane about a week after I swore off guys. The guy I was "talking to" burned me big time at a party, so I was done with him. The coworker didn't show up to a party, which was his only chance. So I was officially done with guys. No more.

That next week my roommate from Milwaukee randomly had to work in Madison and wanted to meet up. So Dra and I went to a movie with her on the East side and then decided on whim to stop downtown and meet up with her boyfriend. I walked into the party and the first person I see...Thane.

Wearing a stupid one eye joke tshirt. It was a good icebreaker though. :) Is it weird that I still remember almost everything about that night, and it was over 6 years ago? and I still get butterflies thinking about it?

So anyways...back to what I was originally talking about. I think it is the small things in life, that turn into the big things. For both my car accidents, if just one small thing had changed, I would have been seriously hurt.

Meeting Thane..well I know I would have eventually because I am meant to be with him. I would have eventually met him, but when I did...it was perfect timing in my life.

If it had been a week earlier, ugh. I can't imagine. All chalked up to Fate. or maybe just that saying....

One door closes...and a whole world opens. Wait...is that not how it goes? Well..in this case it does. :)

Pinterest find of the day:


How funny is this? I can totally see our friends doing this. Especially if we let Doug and LeRoy babysit. Why we would ever do that? I have no idea....

1 comment:

  1. Omg....that picture is hilarious! And I agree about timing. Jake and I knew each other for nearly 6 months before we started dating. An ag mechanics contest changed it all for us...god, we are such hillbillies...lol

    ReplyDelete