Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Longest Birth Story Ever..Part IV

So the nurse/doctor..whatever title she had told me Jensen was breech and I just stared at her. I shook my head and told her "Of course he is...I grow em that way." Ugh.

Things started to move a little faster after they realized he was breech. Blood started getting drawn. Lots of questions for me to answer. 

Finally Thane got there. He walked in and the first words out of my mouth were, "I'm ok! I'm sorry I freaked you out." His shoulders dropped and he nodded. I may have freaked him out a bit... I then told him to call my mom because I had called her sobbing and I'm sure she was freaking out too.

He got off the phone and I filled him in. Water didn't break, poop and breech.

I was having pretty hard contractions once he got there and lucky for him squeezing the bar behind my bed helped me more than squeezing his hand. My nurse asked me if I wanted something to take the edge off the pain since it could be an hour and I told her no. I would work through them.

All of a sudden someone walked around the curtain and made everything better. MY doctor! She was there!! I wouldn't have to have the awful one I talked to on the phone. Thank. God. I loved my doctor. 

She was there to let me know that there were two of us waiting on a C-Section and at the moment it was looking like I was going to get bumped. I was totally ok with that as long as my son was ok. I knew that if the other woman was needing to go first that her baby could be in danger or the mom for that matter and who can be upset about that?

She wanted to check and see how dilated I was again. I made her wait because I felt a contraction coming and the last check was still very vivid in my mind. 

It turned into the most intense, whole body, painful contraction yet. Thane's hand didn't get so lucky this time. His hand was more comforting than a metal bar.Weird. My nurse reminded me to breath through it, because during another one I had held my breath and J's heart rate dropped. It lasted about 8 hours...or a minute that seemed like 8 hours and just as it was letting up, another one started. I couldn't breath. I couldn't talk. All I could think was "please God don't let me go into active labor and have to have an emergency c-section." That was NOT on the birth plan. 

I didn't care to reread any of the contraction/labor things in any of the baby books....I didn't reread anything in the baby books. Maybe I should have. I had no idea what it meant that they were getting stronger yet not super close. Hence why I was worrying about having an emergency c-section. 

She checked. 4cm dilated. 

She asked again if I wanted the drugs and I said yes before she finished her sentence. If I was going to have an hour of contractions like that...I may die. I don't think I would have been able to do a natural birth with no meds. 

That was my plan with P. Go natural as long as possible. I didn't want to be confined to the bed with an epidural for the entire time. I wanted to be able to walk around and work through most of it on my own and get an epidural when it came time to push. Ya..that worked out well. I give you all props who have done that....its just not for me. 

Before my doctor left she asked my nurse how close my contractions were and then asked me if they were all as intense as the one I just had. She asked again when I had eaten last. "12:30 lunch. 1:30 Reeses Pumpkins. 5:30 Starbursts. I just bought Halloween Candy..."

She left and came back about 5 minutes later and said I was going to have a baby in about 15 minutes. About 30 minutes sooner than first anticipated. I'm guessing my situation became a little more serious after everything that had happened at the hospital. 


No comments:

Post a Comment