Sunday, October 7, 2012

Be Careful...

The world of Babies R Us can easily eat you up.

We registered yesterday. It was way more exhausting than registering for our wedding..and dare I say not as fun?

I had a great time obviously. It was exciting to think that someday soon our son would be using all the things we were scanning.

But when you register for plates you don't have to worry about your safety while eating off of them. 

While registering for a crib or mattress you have to worry about you baby being safe....or peeing through the mattress apparently. It's a little stressful.

It literally took us about 2.5 or more hours to walk around that store and find the perfect items. My God. 

I was thankful that Thane was so great during it though. He had to miss the second half of the Badger game and I felt bad about that. And any other football fan guy would not be pleased to have to walk around a gigantic baby store instead of being planted on the couch cheering for the Badgers.  If he had been in a bad mood, those 2.5+ hours would have totally sucked.

At one point, when we were both overwhelmed, he said I should have just brought a friend with who has had a kid already and knows exactly what we need. 

Yes...that would have been a lot easier, but I wouldn't have wanted to be stressed out, overwhelmed, and super excited with anyone but him. Just when I was about to say, "UGH! My feet hurt..let's go!!!" He would say something funny, or remind me of something we forgot and would snap me out of it. 

However, I have to do Target on my own. ;) Love you Thane. 

I currently have chili cooking on the stove. I can't wait til 7 when it is done.

Note to self: When making a new recipe, look at cooking time so you don't have to eat dinner an hour late. Oiy.

I decided to start making my Christmas list today! As I was going through my scrapbook magazines, tearing out layouts I would actually do, I got to thinking about the craft table I want to make.

You take two bookshelves and then put a door on the top to make a table with organizational storage on the sides. I love it.

So item 1 and 2 on my list. *2 book shelves from Walmart and * a cheap door. Random? Yes.


I want to paint the door some sweet color though. White is boring. I'm thinking purple. 

Pinterest Find:

 If I wrote fairy tales, hell...if I was the main character in one...this is what they would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment