Tuesday, March 26, 2013

That's One For The Baby Book!

Parker slept 8 hours on Sunday night.

8 HOURS.

To bad I had taken a 2 hour nap anticipating a long night, so I was still up every 3 hours.

Maybe it was the nap...oooorrrrr maybe it was that I wanted to make sure he was still breathing?

Yes, the second one.

Everyone has told me that the first time their child made it through the night they were up checking, so I had hoped that I could be rational knowing that everyone does it but their baby is always ok.

Nope. Couldn't help it. Had to make sure his chest was still moving, and of course it was.

8 hours is way better, compared to Friday night...when I am pretty sure Parker thought, "I'm going to do my best to make sure mom cries tonight."

Ha! Little did he know that Thane was going to be up with me. Tag team...saves my sanity every time.

He was up to eat every 3 hours, but also woke up upset every 1.5 hours. Oiy..it was a long night.

Anyway, I had hoped it was the real deal...that it would happen again. Nope. Not yet.

He got his second round of shots yesterday. The shots that can come with a fever. (Don't get me started about shots.) The nurse made him bleed. It was horrible.

So anyways. He only slept 4 hours at a time last night, but I was still up checking him to make sure he had no symptoms from the shots. I hate shots. I don't get them. But when it comes to him...I don't have that choice. I need to get over my dislike of meds and do what is best for him. Thankfully, we can split up the doses- which I didn't know until it came time. So that makes me feel better about it...but still. Scary stuff. Dosing your child with all these meds. Ugh.

Well...as I said. I get to write his book. "First time slept through the night." March 24th.

Good job baby.

Pinterest Find:

I love it....

No comments:

Post a Comment