Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm So Sorry...

So Parker and I went shopping today. Weird.

What was weird was he was a grump the whole time. I hope he isn't getting sick or something :/

So anyways, we get to Target...I change him and he starts to cry after. Well ya...he is hungry. That's what babies do.

So the plan was to get a coffee from Starbucks and sit and feed him, but this time he was way too hungry so obviously I skipped the coffee and just got to feeding him.

I walked over to all the table by Starbucks, and of course it is packed. And by packed I mean like 3 tables were full. So I sat as far away from people as I could so I wouldn't bother them.

Parker is crying..and getting louder. I throw down all my stuff and quickly get his bottle ready. Clearly I was trying my best to bust my ass and get the bottle in his mouth. I got it ready...put it in his mouth..he instantly stops crying and that is when it happened....

I heard, "Thank God."

Clear as day.

I'm sorry?

The table closest to me, full of Target employees, was apparently VERY annoyed with my crying baby...who cried for a total of maybe 45 seconds.

Apparently they thought I was going to just sit at the table and leisurely stare out the window while I let my baby cry. Obviously that is what you do when a baby is crying. So yes...thank God I did something to calm my child.

Are you kidding? I was beyond pissed...after I settled in to feeding him. At the time I was way too flustered trying to get him to stop crying to even register how annoying her comment was.

She is lucky.

After I had settled down, I became very, very angry. I understand that crying babies totally bother some people.  To each their own. BUT. A.) Like I already said- he wasn't crying that long...and obviously I was hurrying to quiet him and B.) when you say something like that, generally you say it quietly to your friends... not loud enough for the mom to *clearly* hear it.

I am pretty sure I know which one said it...the same one who talked the ENTIRE time about her friggin mom moving from her "tiny house" to her "big house." Ya...I'd rather listen to my baby scream than your stupid conversation ever again.

If I had known it was her...I would have gone VERY passive aggressive on her.

For Example: "Thank God" Me: "Oh? I'm sorry..did my baby crying for 45 seconds just ruin your day? Please...keep talking loud enough for all of Target to hear you....that is way better."

or..."Thank God" Me: "Oh? I'm sorry...my baby was just telling me that he too would like to eat his lunch because ya know...he needs food to grow, and well dangit-he can't talk yet. He's so behind. So carry on sir, bitching about how your wife can't eat a fucking Popsicle."

or.."Thank God." Me: "Oh I'm sorry...and I not allowed to go out in public because God forbid my child get hungry or upset and cry? I didn't know I was confined to my house just because I had a baby. Didn't realize Target was now a 5-Star resturant."

or..."Thank God." Me: "Oh? I'm sorry that my baby crying is SO annoying for you. You're ugly."

ya...that's how mad I was, and yes..all these things went through my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment