Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Have a New Job...

As a food critic. Clearly I like food....so I'm an expert.

A new Chinese restaurant has opened in town. Apparently its first weekend, and weekends since, there has been a line out the door. One night they even told a friend of mine that they were no longer accepting orders and it was only like 6pm. So clearly they are doing really well! Good for them!!

So we finally ordered some tonight...here is my review.

First. Appearance- why must ALL Chinese restaurants look the same?? It is a brand new place, totally redone from the pizza joint that used to be there, yet they managed to make it look old. Maybe it is the horrible yellow and orange paint job? Maybe it is the shitty cheap Chinese decorations on the wall? You can't tell me that in all of China, they only decorations they use are cheap Oriental Trading looking banners? Sigh..come on.

Next- about appearance...why is everything so open in the back?? I guess some people like seeing how they cook their food, I do not. I don't like seeing the boxes piled up against the back wall. It looks like shit. Why can't they put a wall up behind the register? I highly doubt there is some law saying that all Chinese restaurants must have an open layout. I have been watching a LOT of HGTV..I could totally design a better set-up. I'd add a wall. Even a half wall, so they can still yell around it.

And the board with their menu on it? Is there seriously a store somewhere called, "If You Own a Chinese Restaurant Get Your Menu Board Here" and only have one option? and the same for their menu. I am guessing they all use Vistaprint? and its just a template they order?

I guess I was hoping they would be original. Not sure why I care?

Second. Food. Well.....it's Chinese food! It was pretty good. The egg rolls were better than most I've had...much better than the old place in town. They may have been a little overzealous on the deep fryer? But whatever...it was good food.

I am just very annoyed about the building. Will I still get their food again? Yes. Just saying...if they want help redoing stuff...I'll be glad to help. ;)

Next big thing in town...the new Millers opens!!! Stay tuned for my review of that. ;)

Happy Daylight Savings...

No comments:

Post a Comment