Thursday, March 21, 2013

At 10 Weeks...

My baby is huge. He may not even fit into the uber over-priced Easter outfit I got him. Oiy.

It occurred to me today that he is now starting to develop things that he likes...he not longer just eats, sleeps, and poops. He is awake a lot more now...and demands that you do what he wants. :)

Usually when he is awake I am on the floor with him with stations set up. I have all his favorite things surrounding us. His play mat, a blanket, the boopie, and the bumbo seat. I then rotate him from station to station whenever he starts to cry at one. It's exhausting...but I love watching him play. 

He swats at things now. So many weeks of him just looking at the wall, while there was cool rattles hanging in his face. Now..he kicks that lion's ass. I don't blame him..this stupid lion is always in Parker's face...always hanging out and gently hitting him in the cheek. I'd beat him up too baby.

So I was thinking..as I get closer to going back to work, I need to let his nanny know what he likes.. 

Likes:
  • His play yard. He loves to bat at the rattles and when they come back and hit him in the face...he doesn't take it layin down! No..he fights back!
  • Laying on people's chests. He likes to show off his neck muscles. If he is fussing with you..this is your best bet.
  • When you hold the back of his neck and his butt and make him dance. He likes to shake his hips, he may be the next Luke Bryan. Usually I sing inappropriate songs to him, like I Like Big Butts or I hum the Harlem Shake. It makes him smile....a lot.
  • Eating. Clearly he loves to eat. 
  • His swing. He has this new awesome thing where when he gets tired he turns into a bear. A BEAR I tell you. So...when he hits this, we go in the swing and he watches the mobile and eventually....dream land. 
  • Duck Dynasty. We now watch it every night while I'm trying to get him to go to sleep. I'm pretty sure this is why he stayed up til 12 last night. He just can't get enough.
  • Pooping...and farting. This kid...he farts so loud I swear it's his dad. 

Dislikes:
  • Bath time. Soothing my ass.
  • Bumbo seat. He hates this thing, he lasts about 3 minutes and then he screams. Sorry buddy...it builds your back muscles...your sittin in it..
  • When mommy sleeps. He likes to spend as much time with me as possible...
Such a cool kid. 

Pinterest Find:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment