Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ohhhhh Pinterest.

Oiy I've had a busy day.

We woke up around 9, but didn't get out of bed until around 9:45. Why? Because I wanted to soak up every minute of our alone time.

In 11 weeks....we won't be so alone anymore. Our Sunday morning routine will totally change.

So I guess I will enjoy our solo time together while I can get it. :)

I finally started my Pinterest projects today!!

1.) Make a book of the cards from my friend baby shower. Easy peasy.
2.) Make a book of each ornament I have collected over the years with Thane, and why they are special to us. Not so easy. It took all day, and I'm still not done.
 
It all goes back to this blog...Christmas Ornaments Blog and this Pinterest find: The Blog
 
I am all about memories...and having something for our children to look at in 10 years, so why not make a book?!
 
It's driving me nuts that its not done though. I may be up all night to finish it.
 
So to start I found a acid free photo album at Target. It's one of those old school ones where there is plastic on top that you peel up and put pictures underneath.
 
Then I took pictures of each ornament on the tree that was important to us..and printed them at Target. BIG mistake. I now understand why Target was a little cheaper. Their picture quality sucks...and they crop them stupid.
 
Thanks Target.
 
Here is what I have so far.
 
The cover:
 
I found some stickers at JoAnne's that I thought would be perfect for the cover. :)
 
 
One ornament page:
 
 
 
 
I used my Cricut to cut out the year and I made a template for the border around the 5x7 picture. It is exactly a 1 cm border. ;)
 
The description page is a little trickier. At this point I have this page's description printed out to be 5x7 as well. But it depends on each ornament I think. Some I may have more to say, or less to say so the size will change.
 
Sigh. Seems like a lot of work...but it's worth it to me. :)
 
Back to work!!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is really nice information. I was looking for something similar like this. Thanks for this useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I really wish I gave you a card with my gift. :(

    ReplyDelete