Sunday, December 23, 2012

Tis the Season!

In case you live in a cave, we just had a blizzard.

So due to said blizzard I had two...TWO...snow days.

Knowing how bad the storm was going to be, I planned ahead for Thursday and brought home a ton of stuff from work to work on while I sat inside.

Did I get any of it done? No. I honestly thought of it...buuuut then my couch? Ya, my couch...she was totally upset that I even thought about getting up. So as to make everyone in the house happy, I just stayed there.

Friday, ya it was just as bad. Thane got stuck at the end of our driveway, pretty much in the road...sooo we didn't go to work that day either, due to the fact that our subdivision was not plowed out at all. Did I get anything done? Nope.

Saturday, well I slept in til about noon? and then I......went to Erika's! (So that was productive!!)

Side note, I am watching The Middle right now. What is Sue Heck thinking!? Her sweater has 3D butterflies on it. What kinda kid in High School wears 3D butterflies on their shirt? oiy.

Anyways, today I vowed I'd get something done. SO, I wrapped for um.....4 to 5 hours. By the end, my OCDness was gone. My back hurt. and I was just throwing presents under the tree.

Now, I am confined to our bedroom with Bernie for probably an hour because Thane is wrapping our presents. :)

Maybe when he is done, if I feel like it, I'm going to go finish our Ornament book. Which I really want to finish, but can I find the motivation?

Sigh....no.

Wish me luck guys.

OH!!! I know what I wanted to blog about!!

So Thursday morning we woke up at 5:20 with a horrible LOUD noise and a bright white light. SO scary. I knew we were supposed to get thunder snow...so I was wondering if that comes with snow lightening?

So we got up and checked our dish, made sure the TV was still working, checked the Christmas lights, I even went to the basement to make sure that nothing outside was on fire.

Nothing, Nada. So I went back to bed and Thane was in the kitchen...when another huge boom and even brighter light went off. I of course, fire phobia lady that I am, scream for Thane. When an electircian tells you that it sounds like an electrical boom and is confused as to where it's coming from...it gets scary.

So now we are both looking out the window when I see the POWER LINE across the highway literally blows up. We saw lightning hit a power line at Lake Wisconsin, which was like right across the road, and how it blew up..well this was worse and really scary.  Thane didn't see it of course, but good thing it literally happened again 5 seconds later.

Literally, a horrible way to wake up. I am just thankful the power didn't go out.

Ok, that's it!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

Pinterest Find:

 
 
baaaahaahhaahahhahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment