Monday, January 19, 2015

Where Can't You Go

because you'll see an ex?

I was listening to the radio the other morning and they asked this question...along with like 30 other ones..right in a row. It was really strange.

Why are you asking all these questions that could have great answers and not letting your callers call in? Clearly I missed something vital to their discussion. Anyways, they asked, "Where can't you go because you know you'll see an ex there?"

My instant response was "Richland Center" and then I laughed.

Yes. I like to avoid Richland Center all together. I only "dated" two guys from there I think...but man would it be awkward to run into them.

I know it was like 10 years ago...but still. I feel like every time I go to Walmart with my mom I am on high alert. Scanning the crowd like I'm an FBI agent or something. Getting ready to full body dodge into an aisle and pull her with me. Yes mom....I wouldn't leave you alone in that awkwardness....even though you never met these guys.

If I had Thane with me though...I would loop arms with him and proudly walk by. I might even smile and say hi. My husband is super hot. I'd be all like, :Oh hey! How have you been the past 10 years? I got fat, but have you met my uber hot husband? Isn't his beard sexy?" Ya....I would. 

Whenever I think about this stuff it makes me even more thankful for Thane. I can't even imagine where I would be in life if I hadn't met him. Which never would have happened ..because we were supposed to meet each other.

The fact that he came into my life a week after I swore off pointless "relationships"...and not the night 2 weeks before that we had talked on the phone for like 45 seconds...is amazing to me. He came into my life when I was at my strongest, when I felt that I didn't have to settle. He was exactly who I needed in my life I just had to wait until it was the right time for him to be in my life. 

I just tried to find the blog of how we met...I have a LOT of posts. Couldn't find it. You should go back and read some...they are all pretty good. :) 

I love hearing how people met. Our story fits us perfectly.

So I found this...and found it hilarious because of a story a friend just told me.....


No comments:

Post a Comment