Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mawwage.

"Mawwage. Mawwage is what bwings us together today"

Name that movie.


It's easy.


"Mawidge is a dweam wiffin a dweam. The dweam of wuv wapped wiffin the gweater dweam of everwasting west. Eternity is our fwiend, wemember that, and wuv wiw fowwow you fowever.” 



In addition to my New Year's Resolution of saving money and paying off debt I decided I need to work on my marriage.


We are in no way in trouble. We are totally happy..totally fine.


But have you ever been at work day dreaming...cause I haven't! I'm totally focused every minute on the tasks I need to get done....


But one time, I was daydreaming and I thought "I miss Thane."


I had just seen him the night before..and the night before that..and the 3 nights before that, but I haven't had a real conversation with him in a few days. Just the typical "How was your day?" "Love you" "Parker didn't poop today" conversations. We hadn't cuddled in a while. I missed him.


I'm a person that thrives on touch. I like to hold his hand. I like to hug him..blah blah. When I had P that was one of the things that really threw me. I wasn't able to sleep next to Thane for probably over a month. Between being in the hospital bed and having to sleep on the couch because I couldn't lay in our bed without screaming in pain I didn't get to lay next to him. I sleep better when I get to push him out of the bed. 


We kinda sleep like this...




So anyways, my resolution. 

I decided that we need a date night every week. 

A date night that doesn't cost us any money and doesn't require us to leave our house...and doesn't require me to put on real pants or wear a bra. 

Don't be all like "Woaaahhh Pam. TMI." Don't act like you like your bra. 

So I have made Wednesday night our date night. It consists of coming home, getting the bare minimum done, hanging out with Parker. Then when we put P down it's Date Night!

We crawl in bed............and watch Netflix!

 Yaaaaaaaaaaaa baby! Well, unless we really need to catch up on our DVR..then we watch that. 

It may not be anything huge, but I look forward to it.

I know its time that I get to put my cold ass feet on his legs and hear him complain. It's a time that I get to yell at him when he moves and pulls the blankets off me just a little bit which upsets the balance of blanket pressure. It's a time where I get to lay next to him and pretend I didn't just fall asleep for the the last 10 minutes of NCIS. It's a time where I get to zone out and be next to my husband... and sometimes we even have a real conversation!!

Our marriage is just fine, but I like to put a little more effort in on Wednesdays. Now that I'm rereading it....it doesn't' really seem like we are putting any effort in on Wednesdays..it seems we are just being lazy. But we are being lazy together. That is what keeps a marriage strong.

Until Aaron Rodgers shows up. 






No comments:

Post a Comment