Monday, January 5, 2015

PMS Junction

So, I work with like 800 other women. 

Ok..that may be exaggerating..it only feels like that sometimes. In reality its about 50? women and like 6 men. 8 if you count the IT guys. 

I am not sure how we don't all pms at the same time. I see many of them almost more than I see my husband, you'd think we'd all be nuts the same week every month. That whole syncing thing...its real people. 

They all seem to be able to handle their mood swings just fine. I don't ever hear an annoyed tone in their voice. Maybe I'm the only one with mood swings? I mean, I am a pretty emotional person as it is...so why wouldn't I have crazy swings? If we ever have a girl, I should probably just stay away from other humans. Extra estrogen? Awesome. 

Last month I was so crazy I started to cry and Thane had had enough of my day and my stomping around and goes "WHAT is wrong!?" "I doonnn't knoooooooooooooow!" 

No. I'm not pregnant. Seriously. Just crazy hormonal apparently. Oiy. 

I wear my emotions on my face in general. 

The biggest compliment a coworker once gave me was that she knew inside I was fuming, beyond fuming..about to lose it, but she said she couldn't tell. I kept my cool on the outside while inside I was throwing snarky comment after snarky comment. I'm pretty proud of that moment. Maybe I am making baby steps towards becoming a more rational thinker/reactor? Slowly I'm becoming a real grown up!

 I am an emotional thinker. This is important to know if you work with me...or if you are within like 30 feet of me. 

If I'm stressed out..give me time. Don't throw things at me. 

If you make me mad...walk away before I lash out. I tend to say..no snap..something and then think obsess about it later. 

If you change my plans last minute...tell me and then walk away and let me process them. These tips will make us get along better. 

I am almost 30. Ohmygod..I just typed that. Sigh..I AM 30. I should have this shit under control by now.

So anyways, fair warning for tomorrow. I'm in bitch mode. I can't help it. 

I'm not pregnant Lindsay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment