Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Just Need a Minute..

At this moment I should be playing with Parker-he is actually awake-while petting Bernie so he doesn't feel like I hate him-due to the cone of shame- but my God...I need a minute.

I have been holding Parker for almost 10 hours straight. Mind you...I love holding my baby...but I also like to sleep normally and do things with my hands while awake. 10 hours is a little long.

He has been doing amazing at sleeping in his bassinet..2 nights in a ROW! annnnd now we are back to the chair. Whatever, at this point, I am over the "He has to sleep in it!!" and now I'm on to "I just need to sleep!!!" I don't really mind having to sit in the chair with him either, I kinda like our snuggle time. I will say, I wish it wasn't every night, but you take what you can get right? :)

So Bernie, ohhh Bernie. He scratched open his stitches AGAIN. He was SO close to being healed, and then 30 seconds of me not focusing...and BOOM. Open.

Our amazing vet came over, yes to my house because it is "easier for her to travel than it is for me to" (have I mentioned I love her?) and she is thinking that he is so close to healing that we don't need to restitch. He will have a sweet scar- but come one. Scars are badass. and considering he already has a sweet one from being shot...who cares?

So now, he is wearing a Cone of Shame. He hasn't worn one since he was a puppy and got fixed. He hates it and is walking around all pathetic and "feel bad for me." He kept getting stuck on the coffee table this morning while trying to get on the couch, so I finally got up to help him. Talk about sad. He has also taken to just standing in the middle of the room with his head down. Just standing there. Head down. Zero tail wag. Ohhhhh my poor puppy. :(

When I finally woke up for the day, I took it off him because I could keep an eye on him..and he proceeded to scratch it twice, while I was tyring to make my breakfast, while Parker was screaming for a bottle. Talk about overwhelming.

I dropped my knife, ran to get Bernie's cone, while yelling "Parker! I'll be right there baby! The bottle is already made."

Best part, I have no idea how to put the damn cone on..so I kinda figured it out? Bernie is currently pouting, successfully making me feel horrible.

Parker is now sleeping in his swing- missed that chance.

I feel better. I still need more coffee and another half of a bagel..but I feel better.

Pinterest Find
This just made my day better: Sucks to be these people..

No comments:

Post a Comment